1930 Pierce-Arrow on Ebay

jeff_a

I looked at ebay today and saw an interesting car for sale and wondered if anyone else saw it. Apparently, someone has a 1930 P-A chassis and engine and endeavored to fabricate a wooden frame from the windshield back for a boat tail roadster. Normally, I wouldn't be in favor of projects like this, but a) the owner appears to have started out with a "condition #5" Pierce and B) the woodworking skill exhibited here is really quite good, in my opinion.

I'm not able to afford such a car, but would probably be inclined to buy it if that were not so. Granted, it's still several master craftsmen and a ten thousand dollar paint job away from being even remotely driveable, but I have a Peerless boat tail that would look nice parked next to this. The vehicle is in Hershey, PA, of all places.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

This car has been for sale for several years. Last time it was advertized it was listed in South America, with a delivery to Hershey. It's missing quite a bit of mechanicial parts and trim. I had a request from someone in South America asking for parts on this car recently, so I would be sure to confirm it's in Hershey before driving out to see it. I probably have most of the parts required to finish this car if someone makes a purchase. Ed

edinmass,

Thank you for writing with information about this incomplete Pierce-Arrow. I notice that the Pierce-Arrow community is very good at keeping track of their motor cars. That's great that you've heard of this car and know something of where it may be at, or from. Nothing in the auction text mentioned South America, but it did say something about being only 90% complete. I'm guessing that the rear fenders would have to be full custom. Not to mention the rear 60% of the body!

----Jeff from the Peerless Forum

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)