1927 fabric u joint for drive shaft

Guest safetyray

Guest safetyray

can anyone educate me on the best way to fix 6 in fabric u joints on my 27 series 50 ? cant stop them from ripping out and the proper way to install them Thank You Ray

Sorry about late inquiry; don't get into site regularly...

Still have your problem??

Didn't know there was more than one way to install: just bolt 'em in, but, then, we never tried commercial replacements, just cut/bored some out of pieces of old const/ag drive belting...

Unless your driveline sadly misaligned, can only guess you using too light ones; an old catalog lists well over 40 different ones...

How flexible are the ones you're using as replacements?? If NOS, they may've lain around so long they're dried and brittle, won't take torque/flex??

Considered doubling up, using two if they seem flexible enough, if driveshaft splined enough to allow??

Oh: 1927 series 50 what?? My catalog doesn't show any for Buick.

Everyone loves a mystery...

Guest safetyray

that was a 27 chrysler the new onws we bought were like a rubber they tore out in a matter of a few miles just recieved some that look like a conveyor belt type cant bend hardly at all . some say it takes a waffle type washer we are looking ionto that tks for any new info Ray