Identifing an old radiator cap

Guest Keops

Hi to all. My name is Sergio and I'm from Argentina. I'm trying to identify this radiator cap. I've searched but have not found the car that took her. Has anyone ever seen this bronze mermaid?

Best regards.

post-88875-143139218377_thumb.jpg

post-88875-143139218408_thumb.jpg

Sorry about my poor English...Sergio

Here is some information on your aftermarket radiator ornament....

Thanks for uploading that image Keiser!

There's something I did not understand. This ornament was on a 1931 dodge? or could have been in another? I would like to see in pictures of your car. If you can and if you want, of course.

This magnificent book / catalog that you have, mentions the year of manufacture?

Thank you very much for everything.

Best regards.

Thanks for uploading that image Keiser!

There's something I did not understand. This ornament was on a 1931 dodge? or could have been in another? I would like to see in pictures of your car. If you can and if you want, of course.

This magnificent book / catalog that you have, mentions the year of manufacture?

Thank you very much for everything.

Best regards.

The mention of 1931 Dodges in my post is a list of my vehicles and has nothing to do with the ornament. As dan@larescorp said, it could be added to any vehicle. The book gives no year, but I would imagine it is probably a late teens or early 1920s ornament. If you click on my name you can go to my photo galleries. I have photos of my vehicles there plus lots of other photos of cars that are not mine.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 6 years later...
3 hours ago, Lee Barker said:

Another radiator cap to identify,

Welcome to the forum.

I think if you read the very first post in this forum (the one that stays there) they ask for one item per topic. Suggest you start your own topic. You cap is unrelated to the other one.

Can you show us the underside of it please.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

Welcome to the forum.

I think if you read the very first post in this forum (the one that stays there) they ask for one item per topic. Suggest you start your own topic. You cap is unrelated to the other one.

Can you show us the underside of it please.

Thanks kindly; will do.