Almost online Mille Miglia start.

Joris

A friendly Italian lady is sending me every hour or so photos from the last hours before start of the Mille Miglia in Brescia, Italy. Within 5 hours from now I will also have the starting photos. Come along and enjoy if you want. regards Joris<P><BR><A HREF="http://www.prewarcar.com" TARGET=_blank>PreWarCar.com</A><BR> mm_8hrs_before_250.jpg

Thank you Joris! Most folks here in the USA have no idea of what this event it. Simply put, you retrace a one thousand mile race over public roads in your restored vintage race/sports car. Yes, many are worth well over a million dollars, and they come from collections all over the world.

YES!!!!!!!!! very encouaging to see someone else interested in GP type racing!!!! its too bad that Americans are so caught up in the mundane stock car racing that the GP road racing (track or otherwise) is nearly forgoten.

Not all Americans are unaware of the Mille Miglia. AACA member Paul Ianuario and his son, Rob, are driving one of the BMW entries, a 1939 BMW 328. The car is owned by BMW and was prepared for the race in their works in Munich, checked out by Paul and Rob a few days ago, and then shipped it to Italy. Paul said he would email me updates if he had the time. I will post progress here if I hear from him. wink.gif" border="0