Trunk rack question

pint4

I was thinking this is probably a difficult question to answer. Would require a true 30's Packard 120 expert. So......would any one have literature with pictures showing all three years or pictures from car shows showing all three years. Does anyone have an interchange book by chance? I think 35 and 36 might be the same but not sure about 37. Thanks.

The one person who may be able to answer your question is David Flack, who may be contacted at flackmaster@sbcgloblal.net. He not only is very knowledgeable about 1935-1940 junior Packards, he also has a garage full of parts for 1935-37 junior Packards. However, he left Hershey yesterday to show some guests from Australia some of the sights of this great country, so if you send him an e-mail, it may take a few weeks for him to reply.

It's for a convertible coupe. I didn't know there was a difference in the trunk racks based on body style. Wow-good thing I asked about the differences if any. Now I am not only concerned about the difference betwen years but now I will have to make sure body styles are looked into also. I appreciate the info.

You are correct. I misread it. I would think the brackets might be more difficult to find than the rack since the racks are interchangeable. Since I have a convertible coupe, I am hopeful that brackets from a coupe will also fit. I would imagine it is extremely hard to locate the stainless steel strips and the Packard emblem on the rack. Does anyone reproduce the strips? Thanks.

Pint4: The racks are the same for the three years. The bumper brackets required to extend the bumper out to mount the rack's brackets on (and permit the rack to fold inward towards the car) also differ from model to model. I had a '37 Club Sedan and the extended bumper brackets for this car were shorter than those needed for a Touring Sedan that I had.