Car clock with bracket?

Woodfiddler

Prior to the death of my Dad, he gave me a clock that was, amongst a million other things, sitting in his garage. He didn't know what make or model, but he was sure it was from a car. Can anybody provide additional information as to the car it may have belonged to? He had the chore of cleaning up a 15 acre "junkyard" that my grandfather had accumulated while running an auto garage / wrecker service in upstate NY from the late 40's thru the early 70's. Pierce's Garage in Deansboro, NY was the place and Grandpa turned a mean wrench to many flatheads in this day. Anybody know of the place? Thanks ahead of time for looking, and maybe helping.

Chuck

post-80801-143139181964_thumb.jpg

post-80801-143139181944_thumb.jpg

post-80801-143139181955_thumb.jpg

post-80801-143139181961_thumb.jpg

Given the slight taper on the side view, I would guess that it is from the late 1920s or the early 1930s and mounts over the windshield on a flat header. The slight angle may be to give the driver a more 90 degree look to it. Looks like it unlocks to be able to carry it with you when you exit the car/truck. Pretty much a wild guess.

Guest PIKESPEAKING

IF THE CLOCK CAN BE TWISTED INTO PLACE WITH THE STEM 180 DEGREES AROUND THEN IT IS PROBABLY AN AFTERMARKET DASH CLOCK. WOULD HAVE BEEN USED ON ANY NUMBER OF CARS. THAT'S THE WAY MINE FITS.

IF THE CLOCK CAN BE TWISTED INTO PLACE WITH THE STEM 180 DEGREES AROUND THEN IT IS PROBABLY AN AFTERMARKET DASH CLOCK. WOULD HAVE BEEN USED ON ANY NUMBER OF CARS. THAT'S THE WAY MINE FITS.

It does turn in the mount, but only 90 degrees. So aftermarket it is. Thanks to everyone for helping.

PIKESPEAKING - can you provide a photo of yours please. I would like to see it mounted up.

Thanks to John and Pat for input. :D

Chuck