1930 Chrysler Info

groselle

Here's a few shots from the extraction of the car on Saturday and tucked away in my shop after we got home. I need to start taking alot more.

I would love to see some pictures of your car as well. I'm new to Chryslers and it appears that there is not much info out there. At least not like that available for Model Ts or Buick, which is where most of my experience has been.

post-36877-14313917479_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143139174814_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143139174818_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143139174822_thumb.jpg

Guest danajohnson

Looks good. You're gonna have some fun with that. Not at all like working on an A or T. You actually have to look for parts. You have parts on there that I could use. My engine # is C2 2122. There's not many of these left. I'd post some pics but they are on my computer that just went down. I like the dual mounts with the wire wheels. Will be a nice car all done. Let me know if I can help in any way.

I opened up the trunk that came with the car and found some more treasures. Not what what all of the odd bits are for such as the long metal rod that's labeled 1930 Chrysler 66 and numerous bits of wood covered in fabric. Also the last photo shows a metal pan that I assume goes under the engine?

.post-36877-143139177492_thumb.jpg

post-36877-14313917748_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143139177483_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143139177486_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143139177488_thumb.jpg

post-36877-14313917749_thumb.jpg

Guest danajohnson

Looks like all your window garnish moldings. The 2 bent wood pieces with fabric are the arm rest for the rear seat. The hard rubber with the holes go around steering column. The long metal rod with the 66 on it may be your headlight bar. Can't see it. That's nice to have all those pieces. Saves a lot of hunting.

The long metal rod is just a steel rod, painted black, that is about 3 feet long, 3/8" diameter and has a couple of holes drilled at each end (like for a cotter pin). It's not the headlight bar because I've got that already. I don't seem to have any window molding for the rear window. Does it take one? Also it's not clear how the windshield attaches either.

Guest danajohnson

Not sure on the metal rod.

The windshield slides up and down vertically. It has a mechanism that goes above the glass with gears in it that attaches to the top of the glass in 2 brackets. Then you have a handle that you can crank the windshield up.

I get some time I'll send some pics.

Thanks for the windshield info. I have the board with the crank, but I thought it was for windshield wipers. However, there is also a vacuum wiper on the front of the car so I was confused. I think I also have the metal piece for the top of the windshield. With these old cars it's a constant learning process.

Rear window moulding was a whitish wood. May be wrapped in cloth...4 pieces that look like 1/4 round mould ing in your house. 2 wood screws per piece.

Need pictures of details like that, let me know.

I found the rear window moulding tonight.

I have a 30 CJ. New, cheaper mode,l but very similar to the 66.

Nice car you have. You have a jewel, believe it or not.

Bill Harmatuk

Guest danajohnson

I was wondering if the metal rod is a robe bar for the rear of the front seat. Check and see if there are some mounting brackets that may fit on the ends.