1st generation jack hold down spring handle

RivNut

If anyone needs the handle for the jack hold down spring, I just made one. Here's a picture of it next to an original. I took some wire from a sign that was in my yard from the recent election. Drilled some holes in a 2x4 and put some differnt sized pegs in it (Peg = drill bits and long extensions from my sockets) and started bending. It took me about an hour to get it to where I thought it was passable. If anyone needs one, contact me and I'll talk you though it or make one for you (depending on what you're willing to pay for it :). There is a large choice of springs available at your local hardware store to compliment this.

post-50017-143139146377_thumb.jpg

The one on the top is the one that I made; the one on the bottom is an original.

The closest is off limits, but I have a bunch of wire from the election signs that were pushed into the ground - correct gauge and stiffness. My drill bit guide says it's 3/16" thick. Pretty stiff too; had to be to get it in the good ol' Kansas clay during this drought.

R&D, set up, and machine costs would make it cost prohibitive. Get some wire, get out your drill bits, and long 3/8" drive sockets, an old 2'X4" and make your own jig. Really pretty simple. If you need one let me know. I'm much cheaper than R&D and a machine. Probably don't need 1,000,000+ like they did in the 60's. Ten would probably be enough. :)