29 hupp roadster

2251DB

Would someone out there in restoration land be able to tell me how many spring leaves in the front and rear of the roadster

I also need the name of a supplier for brake cables

thankyou

QLD Australia

To the first question. If your Hupp is a 6cyl Model A and Rt hand drive, your car should have 11 leafs on both front & rear. The US domestic model has 10 leafs on front &11 on the rear.

Brake cables. This gentleman listed in the Hupp Parts Locator that he has a supply of brake cables for1928-1934. Special Interest Cars

451 Wood Rd.

Oakville,Ontario Canada L6K2Y2

Phone 905-844-8063 He did not list an Email address

• 4 months later...

Thanks again for your help HUPP 36 thesprings and brake cables have been restord and fitted to the chassis.

The next issue concerns the crankshaft,does the flywheel/clutch assembley have to be fitted to the crankshaft proir to installation as there appears to be very little room in

which to work after the shaft is installed,due to the nature of the bell housing construction. Ihave a1928 dodge 6 which has an open bell housing and is easy to work with.

Also what colour is the engine factory painted,as I have seen blue/red/grey /and green with black valve covers,distributor and fan ?

I will post some progress shots when we have a rolling chassis

Thanks in advance 2251DB

Thanks again for your help HUPP 36 thesprings and brake cables have been restord and fitted to the chassis.

The next issue concerns the crankshaft,does the flywheel/clutch assembley have to be fitted to the crankshaft proir to installation as there appears to be very little room in

which to work after the shaft is installed,due to the nature of the bell housing construction. Ihave a1928 dodge 6 which has an open bell housing and is easy to work with.

Also what colour is the engine factory painted,as I have seen blue/red/grey /and green with black valve covers,distributor and fan ?

I will post some progress shots when we have a rolling chassis

Thanks in advance 2251DB

No, There is enough room to first install the fly wheel after the crankshaft has been fitted in place. Next the clutch disc. Make sure that the disc is pointed in the correct direction. I wanted to send you a pic of this but all my parts & tec manuals are in N,H, and I am in FLa. Next comes the clutch. You will need a clutch alingnment tool. I cut off the stub shaft of a junk hupp transmission and that works fine.

Engine color is green. Send Huptoy a PM and I am sure that he will give you the correct color green.

I have been informed the 6 cyl engines of the 20's & 30's were painted although some owners have only seen black paint.

The 8 cyl in the 20's & 30's were painted black.

I have a can of green paint identified as original Hupmobile engine color.

The two photos of my engine were taken at the same time.

One on the sunny side of car and the second in the shade.

I painted a small panel and had an automobile paint shop duplicate the color and provide me the color codes.

You will need to check with your local paint provider to see if they can use the codes.

The paint codes attachment is a PDF format (Adobe file)

If they can not duplicate the color from the USA paint codes, I can send you a painted panel for cost.

post-41405-14313931858_thumb.jpg

post-41405-143139318584_thumb.jpg

Hupmobile Engine Paint Code - Green AU.pdf