Has anyone one ever had header trouble

Anyone ever have problems with headers? I got a 72 lark w/ps,pb,and ac.Was going to install headers and some flowmaster 2.5 inch exhaust but people that have looked said headers would be nothing but problems considering how tight the ac compressor is and other crap.Some people think i should hook up just the flowmasters to the manifolds.Any suggestions to get this thing a little quicker with little money would be helpful!!!!!!Thanks

I had headers on my 455 car a long time ago and the only problem I had was weak front springs caused them to bottom out. There were no clearance issues with any parts. These were Kenne-Belle headers. They will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

i agree with "The Old Guy". i have a 72 skylark with a 455 and the only thing that i had to do was slightly ding the #1 tube on the drivers side to keep it from rubbing against the steering shaft. but other than the standard bolts loosening up and the occasional blown gasket... they are fine.<P>but i wrapped them with that thermotech wrap which reduced my underhood temps by at least 100 degrees. my engine would run very hot before i did this..niot to mention the fact that i couldn't work under my car's hood. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>they have lasted 7 years (wrapped up) and they are just fine. grin.gif" border="0 <P>john<P>p.s. i got them from Poston but i would go to TA perf or the GS club of America to get yours.<p>[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: riv1973 ]

Using ROL-brand gaskets will greatly improve your gasket life. Pay the money to buy Stage 8 Locking Fasteners, and you'll NEVER have a bolt loosen up. I installed these gaskets and fasteners on my '97 Dakota, and in three years never had a problem. Prior to installing them, I had to tighten the bolt several times, and replace the gaskets twice.<BR>The locking fasteners are amazing. Once you use them, you'll never go without.<BR>-Brad

My headers are from T/A 1 7/8 primaries. The only problem I had was when I put the 455 four speed into a 1978 skylark (nova body) the header collecters hit the cross member.