1980 Riviera promotional video

sosuzguy

Guest Rob J
Always someone gotta be negative.

If you were referring to me, I didn't mean, and it wasn't my intention for it to come across as a negative comment. Sorry it seemed that way. I like the 79-85 Rivs. Was only commenting on how much they were really trying to push the FWD concept to customers in those days. I enjoyed watching that old LD video, and thanks for posting. Rob.

Gotta love how they really tout the FWD as a good thing. LOL.

Front wheel drive, turbocharging - Buick has always been at the forefront of things to come that eventually become the standard for the industry.

If I remember an ad correctly, there were only four production cars that were turbocharged in 1976. A Porsche, A Saab, and two Buicks.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest wildcat465
Your welcome. Always someone gotta be negative.

Yeah, the guys that haven't driven these cars don't know how nice they are. Whatta you do?

Guest jwdtenn
It's opened a new repair idea for me, replacing the body mounts. I bet that would get rid of a considerable amount of road noise.

How complicated would that be to do? :confused: My '85 Riv is not as quiet as she used to be,

I'm not sure but one of the things I liked about the video and other informational brochures on cars is the pictures of the frame with no body. That way I always have a good visual reference of what everything looks like and where it is when I get ready to look for it.

I will add that the BEST thing I did so far to improve/restore ride is buy quality high end personal luxury tires.