Bringing it back to what it once was!

So, I sent out my 1929 Dictator instrument panel and gauges about 1.5 years ago for a restoration and they returned 2 weeks back. I wired them in, hooked everything back up....and it works great. I thought I would post the pictures as incentive for anyone working on their own projects. (funny thing, now that it's all back, I'm planning on selling this particular vehicle soon!)

post-60134-143139098957_thumb.jpg

post-60134-143139098976_thumb.jpg

post-60134-1431390990_thumb.jpg

post-60134-143139099004_thumb.jpg

post-60134-143139099008_thumb.jpg

OMG!! One and one half years. Holy crapola. I sent my panel to Bob's Speedometer in Michigan for restoration, and it came back in pristine new looking and working condition, and they only had it for, I think, 3 months tops.

I would sure worry if I sent something off to get work done and a year + later it wasn't done. (My radio took a local radio guy two years, but he warned me it would be a year or two when he took it, and I checked from time to time and it finally got done. ) And worked!

I have found that patience is the rule when getting work done on. My running boards for my 1940 took 2 years. The carpet for my 1928 also took two years and was the wrong color even after I shipped the original half way cross the country. I have found patience and being willing to redo until it's right are the cardinal rules in this hobby.