Reproduction Riviera "Built Expressly For" dashboard tags???

fast_dave

Hey guys -

OK, please direct me to the person or the website where I could order

a REPRODUCTION tag that says "Riviera Built Expressly For" .....

I know that there has to be someone out there that makes REPRODUCTION tags!

40253d1257226032-any-ideas-built-expressly-plaque-positioning-1963-riviera-photo-archive-327e.jpg

I'd like to get one made up for my bro-in-law in Sweden for a Christmas gift!

Thanks in advance,

fast_dave

Edited by fast_dave (see edit history)

It took me a while (nothing like looking through 20 years of Riviews) but I found the ad I was looking for. In the Nov./Dec 1992 Riview, there's an ad for:

"63 -65 Dash Plaques, alum. 3" x 15/16". $15.00 each You have them engraved. Jim Wright ROA #2..."

Then it goes on to give an address and phone. Neither of those are probably good listings at this time. Jim is now retired and lives south when it's cold and north when it's hot. BUT, here's the good news. He's the current president of the ROA. His contact information can be found on the ROA website. Email him. He can tell you if he still has the means for these plaques or not. Perhaps he was having them made for him and he can tell you that information. He subscribes to this forum but isn't a regular.

Ed

Ed -

Thanks for thumbing through 20 years of Riviews.

It must have been like a time capsule, stopping every once in a while to check out an article or ad, while seeking to hit the goal.

I'll get on ROA's website and report back with what I've found out, as I can't be the only person looking for one of these.

I've found out in life that when one person speaks out, it 's likely that ten others are thinking the same thing ;-)

Thanks again for all your efforts -

fast_dave

Fast_dave, do you have a sister who's single..........with all the choice parts you've been chasing down for your bro-in-law....I think I'd like to be on the in-law list. Please post a pic of your sister! :cool:

Rick

Hi Rick,

Damn, I have no siblings.

I know from experience that TX has some great deer, bore, and dove hunting in TX - so I could use an inlaw down there to drop in on ;-)

Say man, Leif LOVES the Reproduction Riv Horn Bar.

It was one of the small details of the GS that he was always talking about before he purchased the car.

Now that it's installed and working, he proudly shows it off to anyone that will listen - LOL

* I highly recommend "buickbonehead" Rick's Reproduction Riv Horn Bar to anyone that needs one - it's a direct fit and really pulls the steering wheel together ;-)

Rick, you don't know the half of it. I am learning more about Riv's than I will ever forget ;[)

I worked for over two months arraigning for the fabrication of a 304 Stainless Steel Exhaust System from:

* Scott (Owner) at Classic Exhaust Inc. in Geneva, OH

Website: Classic Exhaust Inc. stainless steel and aluminized exhaust systems

and then I arranged overseas, air freight, Door-to-Door DHL shipping to Sweden with:

* Katy and Harry at American Baggage and Box

I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND both companies for anyone that needs an exhaust and shipping.

The exhaust system was a direct fit - no problems whatsoever, and the shipping made it door-to-door (Ohio to Northern Sweden) without any damage.

I do have two Swedish neices though. But they're probably too young for you, and they're very high maintenance:

hot+blonde+swedish+viking+chicks.jpg

As I started getting farther and farther back, I saw lots fo ads for things that folks (me included) are now looking for. In '92, you could still get NOS front fenders for a '63/'64 and lots of other things as well. I might be worth it to contact some of these guys and see what their sources were and if those sources might still be around.

Ed

Guest Rob J

The one on the left isn't too young for me, LOL. Love those Swedish girls.

Hi Rick,

Damn, I have no siblings.

I know from experience that TX has some great deer, bore, and dove hunting in TX - so I could use an inlaw down there to drop in on ;-)

Say man, Leif LOVES the Reproduction Riv Horn Bar.

It was one of the small details of the GS that he was always talking about before he purchased the car.

Now that it's installed and working, he proudly shows it off to anyone that will listen - LOL

I highly recommend "buickbonehead" Rick's Reproduction Riv Horn Bar to anyone that needs one - it's a direct fit and really pulls the steering wheel together ;-)

Rick, you don't know the half of it. I am learning more about Riv's than I will ever forget ;[)

I worked for over two months arraigning for the fabrication of a 304 Stainless Steel Exhaust System from:

and then I arranged overseas, air freight, Door-to-Door DHL shipping to Sweden with:

* Katy and Harry at American Baggage and Box

I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND both companies for anyone that needs an exhaust and shipping.

The exhaust system was a direct fit - no problems whatsoever, and the shipping made it door-to-door (Ohio to Northern Sweden) without any damage.

I do have two Swedish neices though. But they're probably too young for you, and they're very high maintenance:

hot+blonde+swedish+viking+chicks.jpg

Fast_Dave.....You're right.....too young. As Rob J said....it's tough to beat Swedish girls. Love all that blonde hair. I already have a wife and two daughters that are in the high maintenace catagory no need to add to the misery. :rolleyes:

You're right, lots of hogs, deer and dove down here in Texas. Too many hogs, that's why I buy my 5.56 ammo by the case.

Guest Ranger

Dave,

I sold those out several years ago. I've searched my "stuff" since your post, nada, nothing, zero. If I were you, I'd check with Gene Guarnere, email ABANDG@aol.com, he just may have one or two. They were very expensive to reproduce properly, I won't be doing it again.

Good luck,

Jim

fast_dave, did this 304 Stainless Steel Exhaust System include the resonators and the dual-path muffler? I'm no welder, so does it just clamp together? Any pics you have of the unit either before or after installation?

Thanks!

How do we get Horned Vikings and Stainless exhaust systems on a thread about dash plaques? If you want to ask about welding stainless, start a new thread, it's easy. If you want to look for a girlfriend, send a PM. You're doing an injustice to the person who started the thread. At least that's my opinion.

fast_dave, did this 304 Stainless Steel Exhaust System include the resonators and the dual-path muffler? I'm no welder, so does it just clamp together? Any pics you have of the unit either before or after installation?

Thanks!

Hi Chuck,

Leif, my bro-in-law, is - hmmmmm, how should I put it; "technology challenged" Actually, i think he'd much rather have a personal assistant do it for him - like my neice's. ;-)

Despite the fact that everybody and their cousin in Sweden has a smart phone with a camera, I have yet to receive a single picture, before or after. Whatever... At my last job I had guys call me 24/7 from the field describing a structural or fitting problem; and they'd drone on for minutes upon minutes before I cut in and ask "Say man, didn't I issue you a digital camera? How about taking a picture or two, and uploading it on the laptop is issued you, and that way we'd all be on the same page?!. There's a reason what they say a picture is worth a thousand words" (OK - I'm done ranting).

Anyways - the dual path muffler is included in the standard offering, the (2) resonators were extra - $100 ea (Muffler and Resonators are also 304 Stainless).

OK - now this particular car car spent a good part of it's life in in Northern Europe, and because of that, I also purchased all new exhaust carbon steel hangers and stainless steel clamps. I chose to send all I could purchase because the last thing I needed to hear was that the installation was being held up due to the fact that I had to send more exhaust system parts! I had no idea beforehand if things were rusted through so I assumed the were and took the safe route. That and Leif was ultimately paying for it sooooooo.......

From what I could gather, permanent sections of the of the exhaust system are system are welded, replaceable parts are clamped (resonators and muffler).

The entire system as described (without shipping to Sweden) = $980

The price is in line with Classic Exhaust's competitor in Michigan - BUT, what sold me on Classic Exhaust was two things.

The first is that Scott is the owner operator of a small shop, and he guaranteed me that he'd take his time and craft it like a piece of art, and that it would fit right the first time.

Second, the material Scott uses - 304 Grade Stainless Steel - is optimized for especially for long-life exhaust systems, and was a higher grade than the competition in Michigan. The grade used by his competitor has the ability to shine up to a more "polished" finish - but it doesn't last as long.

I did a lot of research on grades of stainless steel used in exhaust systems and the various grades advantages and disadvantages to get to my final decision - I'm convinced that 304 is the way to go if you only want to do this once.

The final report from Sweden was was that the fit was perfect, and no problems whatsoever with assembly, it went in like a custom fitted exhaust system should. Wish I had some pics to share with you guys as well as Scott at Classic Exhaust - but it is what it is...

During my research, I kept reading reviews of exhaust systems, their good points and bad points, and quickly came to the conclusion that they are one of those items that "you get what you pay for."

Writing about this is much easier than the process itself. It took about two months from first contact w/ Scott until the system was ready for pick up at his door by DHL for it's air freight trip to Northern Sweden. In that time, I also arranged the DHL shipping, and I had to connect the two parties to talk about the size of the box, it's weight, and the pick-up date.

E-Mailing BOTH parties made the process MUCH easier to keep everything straight.

Hope that helps -

fast_dave

Guest REX STALLION
How do we get Horned Vikings and Stainless exhaust systems on a thread about dash plaques? If you want to ask about welding stainless, start a new thread, it's easy. If you want to look for a girlfriend, send a PM. You're doing an injustice to the person who started the thread. At least that's my opinion.

X2 very confusing...

Jim,

Thanks for Gene's info, but I have two updates to to the thread:

1st, There is a ROA member that wishes to remain anonymous, but at the same time he wanted me to post the following.

He read this thread, and found the information I posted regarding "304 Stainless Steel Exhaust from Classic Exhaust" very valuable to him.

As a token of his gratitude, he's sending me a reproduction dasboard tag that he had made up at a trophy shop a few years ago.

They're basically the same tag that you see at the base of a sports trophy, and as he put it: "it's NOT rocket science!"

2nd, This gent also went on to say within his PM that his contribution to this thread is:

ANY trophy shop can make one up at a very reasonable price (he had 4 made for $15 each) if you provide them with two things:

* A photo or print out of what it looks like - i.e. the photo in my first post

* The Dimensions of the dash tag

Best yet - these days, you can do that over the internet - you don't even have to leave your keyboard!

You can start by going to GOOGLE and entering the search term: "Online Trophy Shop"

NOTE: I'll soon post the dimensions of a Dashboard Tag to this thread as soon as I receive mine.

Thanks again for Gene's info, and if someone needs one ASAP it sounds like he's worth a shot!

fast_dave

Ya gotta love the ROA and this board. Very cool for the anonymous reader to step forward and shre the info and sell you the tag.

Rick - he didn't sell it to me, he gave it to me.

And , to show you what a class act he is, he's taken it down to the Trophy Shop that he had it made at, and is having it engraved with Leif's name, so I'm floored with his kindness.

A class act ROA member through and through - and he won me over with some kind words about my Nieces; Anna and Maria ;-)

Yep - this is where the kool kids hang out!

That is what this forum is all about! All freely contributing ideas, experiences and information so that others may benefit.

fast_dave, I also consider you a class act ROA member for taking the time to write down your detailed experiences. Thank you!