1918 gauges

zzzzzzz

in 1918 what gauges did they have ? was where a car with all the gauges in the dash ?

why i ask is in my dash i have fuel, 3 holes then a filling cap and last is the speed . in the firewall i have the oil

when i got the car it had gauges in but not going to thing .just filling up the holes . i think he was adding more gauges that are not time right .

i'm getting gauges as time goes on . briscoe amp ,on/off, moving oil up but do not know the psi . i have seen db had 1-4 psi ,gmc had 1-10 and 1-40

do you know what the oil psi would be ?

Wiring schematic shows ignition switch, dash lamp and ammeter that would likely be on the instrument panel. Starter switch is most likely on the floor.

Oil pressure gauge ( or flow sight glass) is a probability.

Speedometer probably.

If your gas tank is in the cowl then a mechanical level gauge could be present ( Model A Fords did this). Too early for any other gas gauge such as an electric.

post-34894-143139066694_thumb.jpg

Wiring schematic shows ignition switch, dash lamp and ammeter that would likely be on the instrument panel. Starter switch is most likely on the floor.

Oil pressure gauge ( or flow sight glass) is a probability.

Speedometer probably.

If your gas tank is in the cowl then a mechanical level gauge could be present ( Model A Fords did this). Too early for any other gas gauge such as an electric.

Oil pressure gauge ( or flow sight glass) is a probability. in the firewall

ignition/lights switch, in a box type switich thing on the dash

ammeter i have the briscoe ammeter

mechanical level fuel gauge is there(it has dodge on it ) will work for now

Starter switch is most likely on the floor. it is on the floor

dash lamp is there

Speedometer is there but no wires to it and i need ti look into that

i have two hole that i need to fill . 1 on/off 2 oil up form the firewall . would the two gauges look right in the dash ?

the dash wood looks as the same tree as all the wood in the car . i would like this to look like a mod not a hack job fix up

It would be much simpler to have a woodworker cut you a new dash panel with fewer holes than to try and add unnecessary gauges. It's pretty obvious from the pictures you posted that your panel is not original.

Try and find an original dashboard and have it duplicated. Yours looks like it's in a hotrod, not a classic car, IMO.

i'm not going for a hotrod look .

i have removed the hotrod gauges and added older gauges.

in the link you can see what i'm trying to do .

what i need to ask if you are adding a gauge would you move oil up to the dash from the floorboards or add volt gauge ?

so you will see on/off, amp ,oil/volt one of the two . all looking the same gauge look (1918) not the newwer ones of the hotrod look

i can make a new dash .have the shop and the know how to do it but if you have stock wood why not use it ?

Edited by zzzzzzz (see edit history)