Restart Closed Thread

First time I found the ole "Tread Closed" sign in regards to http://forums.aaca.org/f143/3-4-ton-db-parts-list-330080.html

Let's get it restarted again. 30chrysler had got a build sheet and I agree of possible typos. Item #1: B-124 should be D-124.Item #2: My wood spokes on my 29 DB 3/4 tn are 21in. I do have one 20in rim but it is for the optional cast iron metal spoke hub.

If your looking for colors it may be the ole "Dodge Blue" with cream trim on the raised bell lines.

Closed thread, what happened??
Really? After reading the whole thread it looks as though it reached its original question's conclusion and was starting to fall into disarray. Possible the moderators were following some of the contributors' entries (because of prior dealings) and felt the need to just end it instead of having to take any kind of punitive action? Who knows?

I would think, "stakeside", you could send an email or PM to "30chrysler" and see if he could pop up another thread related to his upcoming project. Hope he didn't get "put off" by the way that other one ended. :eek:

Edited by 1936 D2 (see edit history)

Well I guess seeing I was the last poster in that thread I've been left holding the baby somewhat. I don't know the exact reason it was deemed appropriate to close it and won't question the decision. I have no more information than anyone else on the matter.

I am dissapointed it was closed as although it was very confusing at times there was some good information that came out of it and now I will have to try and pursue my last question through PM. That's the way it goes.

David closed it I am sure, there were alot more iffy threads going on than that one at the same time, he got the information he wanted and so he was done nothing more.

I think what happened here is:

- #1 The post alluded to here was starting to fall apart and getting very close to violating Forum rules.

- #2 And mainly, there was a parallel post running on a different base forum and had more concise info. So, most likely, the owner requested that the post here on "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" be closed in lieu of the almost parallel one on "Dodge Trucks". See: http://forums.aaca.org/f148/dodge-panel-id-329184.html.

The thread fell apart at the " shad " discussion stage.

This is a great resource for the hobby It may be that the comments outside the restortion hobby should be kept on a personal level. Try "Facebook" or even a "tweet" for those comments.

The actual thread you were discussing on this post ( http://forums.aaca.org/f143/3-4-ton-db-parts-list-330080.html) actually started to fall apart at post #89 or #90. The "shad/chad" discussion was on a different thread. ;)

Actually it was post 96, there was nothing said prior to that that should have been seen as compromising toward the thread, man you guys must be really bored, still tryin to figure out why it was closed??

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

The thread fell apart at the " shad " discussion stage.

This is a great resource for the hobby It may be that the comments outside the restortion hobby should be kept on a personal level. Try "Facebook" or even a "tweet" for those comments.

I agree that some people may not have an appreciation for some of the banter that goes on here but in my case I dont know much about facebook and certaintely do not have any account with them nor do I desire an account and I wouldnt know a tweet if it hit me in the face.

I enjoy what we do here, this little bit of connection with the outside world is well enough for me.

"Closed Threads" are BIG NEWS. Hardly ever see it happen! That makes it, in it's own right, an interesting piece of discussion. (Sarcasm!) And that discussion is on topic here. Need to understand why the first one was closed to try and re-open it.

Anyway, we all know now there was a parallel topic running in the "Dodge Trucks" section that stayed on topic and still is as far as I am aware. That's what happened. And that's why 3-4-ton-db-parts-list died. Simple.

Edited by 1936 D2 (see edit history)

I would maybe contact a moderator, leaves out the guesswork. A large majority of posts here do not stay on topic so I doubt that it was closed because it got off topic.