1929 PRESIDENT EIGHT SERVICE MANUAL AVAILABLE

IMG_5367.jpg?t=1339051305

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Shop Manual 1929 Studebaker President Eight

I have been asked numerous times if Studebaker ever issue a Service (or Shop) manual for the 1929 President Eight. The answer is yes and no. In 1926 the company came out with a nine-volume hardbound set called the Service Reference Library. As new models were introduced they would send out supplemental pages to be incorporated into the set.

In April 1929 they sent to all dealers new pages covering the President Eight series. They were not however all in one bound volume but in five separate sets as follows:

Volume 1 pages 229 to 295 - FRONT AXLE, STEERING GEAR, REAR AXLE, PROPELLER SHAFT

Volume 2 pages 103 to 139 – BRAKES, CHASSIS, BODY AND MICELLANEOUS

Volume 5 pages 107 to 197 – ENGINE AND GASOLINE SYSTEM

Volume 6 pages 129 to 161 – TRANSMISSION AND CLUTCH

Volume 7 pages 48A to 88F – ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT

While I have found numerous copies of the bound volumes over the years very few contained the President supplements. Recently however I began going through all of my service info and managed to locate all of the pages. I have run a few copies of these and will sell them at $60 unbound or $65 bound plus postage. There are about 250 total pages and numerous illustrations (see image below). I am attaching a few photos of one of the bound volumes. If

interested contact me at rtq11@aol.com

I might add that there are also dozens of follow-up articles on the Presidents as well as the Commander, Dictator and Erskine in the Service Bulletins. I am also considering making these available. There were a total of 278 pages in the 13 issues from Dec 1928 thru Dec 1929. Let me know if you have any interest in these.

IMG_5371copy2.jpg?t=1339051669

• 4 years later...