fuzzies

RiKi5156B

You can make them yourself if you are handy! The material you need is a no. YM3 sold by Restoration Specialties in PA 814-467-9842. It is about 7/16 wide with a chrome bead on one side and it's flexible! You slowly bend the material to the contour of the garnish moulding starting with the tightest bend first then working along until it conformes to the shape. It can take awhile and sometimes can be a little difficult to bend but with perserverance it can be done. When you've bent it into the correct shape then cut it to length. Usually there is a small indent around the window latch that must be formed too! Then position it on the garnish molding and using staples(also supplied by RS) push the staples through the material and into the holes in the muolding. Using a pair of channelocks bend the staple legs toward the material and firmly lock it down. You may have to redrill the staple holes a little larger as the staples are a little heavier than original. If this sounds a little too involved you can send them to RS and they will do it for you or you can send them to me and I can do it(usually alot faster). I used to work there and have made many GM qtr. window fuzzies! If interested PM me for more info and references. I can also make the ones for the doors with a sample. I would need the old ones and the garnish mouldings.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

I found the staples difficult to work with so I developed an alternative that has held up well for over 12 years. I bent the material from RS to match the old ones and obtained some very small phillips head screws. I drilled a small pilot hole in the new fuzzies just at the location of the staple holes in the mouldings. Then I coated the back of the new fuzzies with a thin coat of 3M adhesive and installed the small screws. They are so small that the heads got buried in the fuzzie material so they don't show. An advantage is that if I need to remove them for replacement I can remove the screws and they should come off easily as compared to removing the original staples.

Joe, BCA 33493