1937 DeSoto Coupe parts needed

alsfarms

OK, while I was in the neighborhood of the DeSoto guys, I thought I would inquire about parts I need for a 1937 DeSoto coupe project. This car is mostly sound, mostly complete but does lack a few parts to be an honest builder. Now for a question or two. I lack both doors and the trunk lid. I may yet end up building a trunk lid as I have not even heard whispers about a replacement. I have also thought of building this car into a rumble seat version. Do any of you have ideas, patterns or even measurements? Next, if I can't find proper coupe doors from a Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler or even a DeSoto, which door would be the best to start with to modify? I realize the upper rear is rounded and I would have to do some metal work in that area. Would it be less work to start with a 4 door sedan door or with a 2 door sedan door to get more or less the proper width? This car is going to stay original or as original as I can. Another question, how many of these came with overdrives? If you can encourage me along with either parts or information it is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan Dewsnup

alsfarms@hotmail.com

1-435-864-3667 eves.