Reading Meet Article in Local Newspaper

Charlie;

It was a nice article and I echo the congrats to the hard working people of the Ontelaunee Region. It is a shame the Reading Eagle didn't run the article the week BEFORE the meet to have more people there as spectators.

Charlie;

It is a shame the Reading Eagle didn't run the article the week BEFORE the meet to have more people there as spectators.

I arrived a little before noon and did not see any spectators walking around checking out the vehicles, only AACA vehicle owners and their families.

Charlie;

It was a nice article and I echo the congrats to the hard working people of the Ontelaunee Region. It is a shame the Reading Eagle didn't run the article the week BEFORE the meet to have more people there as spectators.

I do agree it would have been nice if the article ran before the meet. Unfortunately, things do not always work out that way when it comes to the local paper. In fact this article was a pleasant surprise since this paper seldom uses this much column space (what amounted to almost an entire printed page) to report on a car event like this. Also interesting to note that other articles about AACA have appeared in this paper in the past. This Section of the paper must have some employees who are Antique Vehicle fans!

I arrived a little before noon and did not see any spectators walking around checking out the vehicles, only AACA vehicle owners and their families.

Cannot remember what time it was but I did see some families at this event. Not sure if they were AACA members or not. Did talk to some spectators at my car in HPOF that were not AACA members. They drove from 20-30 miles away just to come to the Meet. I think we can all agree that it would have been nice to see more spectators at this meet and at all AACA Meets in general. How to accomplish that moving forward is, no doubt, the challenge.

Quote: "I think we can all agree that it would have been nice to see more spectators at this meet and at all AACA Meets in general. How to accomplish that moving forward is, no doubt, the challenge"

When organizing a national meet typically there is a publicity chairperson who gets the word out to the community. Not trying to be negative but this show had a lot of beautiful vehicles, plenty of room, decent venue and excellent show field parking but seemed deserted unless I got there too late?

post-30758-143138988304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ron Green (see edit history)