Spark and throttle levers 1918?

Guest fordy

Guest fordy

Hi does anyone know if the levers and quadrant for approx 1918 vintage Buicks are available as reproduction items anywhere? They are identical to 1918 to'24 Hupmobile. The gears on the bottom of the shafts are available though Bobs but I can not locate a supplier for the levers. Any leads appreciated, I will try to post a better picture showing a close up later

Thanks

Steve

post-84393-143138978027_thumb.jpg

Edited by fordy (see edit history)

Guest fordy

Thanks J.B.

I don't actually need them myself as I have a spare set. I have been asked by other people if I knew where to get them and was consdering making up the tooling to cast some as I have done for some other projects for club members. I don't want to reinvent the wheel so if someone else can supply them I can save myself the trouble.

Cheers

Steve

• 10 years later...

I have had these scanned and 3d printed direct to aluminum. Very little work needed to polish these up (you can see on the first pic where a very light rub with some 320-grit paper has reduced the grainy finish. These can be now supplied in sets, or individually should anyone need them (unpolished and no threads tapped). Price is going to vary based on exchange rates and shipping location but as a guide this set runs Australian $360.00 delivered to me from the printer. 

Time frame from placing order to receipt of parts was 3 weeks. What was once virtually "unobtainable" has suddenly become available as an "on demand" item.

al hupp lever .JPG

al Hupp levers.JPG

• Like 3