MY Fisrt Car

Guest countrywill

Guest countrywill

Let me start by saying I'm a new b. To the forum and to the wonderful world of Buick. My name is Will and I live in Parker CO. I bought a 1948 Buick Super 50 a few months ago ( while the wife was in CA on vacation, she wasnt happy when she got home!) and I love it! This is my first passenger car Ive owned, every other vehical has been a pick up ( 1968,70,42,46,2002 Fords) This car has been a very intresting learning exsperince. I never knew about Babbit bearings. Unfortunatly Ive been having problems with the bearing...so I thought. turns out the 1 crankjournal is WAY smaller than the rest. So hopfully I should get her up and going here soon. Also if any one can help me find a Exaust maifold in CO it would be a ton of help

post-85525-143138971808_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

I like that moody evening photo, with the yellowish 6 Volt lights turned on. Actually, it could be morning, couldn't it? You first car, eh? Looks like a nice one. Maybe someday I'll get my first truck.

The only hauler I ever came close to owning was a '47 Hudson. Not a real truck, more of a 'ute, but they do have a huge pickup bed. My home renovating days are done though, so I don't really need more capacity than station wagons offer. I'll probably always have at least one of those.

Guest countrywill

I never needed a truck but I always figured I would all ways need one at some point, plus they can make you money which is helpful. And you can beat the snot out of most of them and they keep going. If you like that pic. I have one were its sitting in the garage and all you can see is the nose of it, it looks like its waiting to bite somone

Guest BigDogDaddy

Welcome to the Buick Club Forum ! This is a great place to learn about your new car and make friends too. It is also a good idea to join the Buick Club of America if you are not already a member. Great info in the club's newsletter and classifieds

We do like to see lots of pictures here. So don't be shy about posting them.

Phil

I am shocked that your wife was not happy about that Buickful car! LOL... MY wife has resisted every old car I ever bought but, with the exception of my 78 Wagon, she has come around for the most part. Let us know your plan for the near future. Restoration? Driver? Paint? etc. And feel free to ask any questions too. No point reinventing the portholes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest countrywill

Well the plan is to keep it mostly stock minus drop it down alittle and make it noisey, and change out the rearend so i can get alittle more hiway speed. Other wise that it. I love the straight 8 even though its giving me crap right now. Which brings me to this, what would cause 1 crank journal for the #6 cylinder to wear down way smaller than the others. it still has the babbit connecting rod bearing, and ive replaced the old one once and the new one is trashed now also. as of now the motor is out and waiting for me to yank the crank to have repaired.