1917 Mitchell

Guest mrviper

Guest mrviper

Can anyone give me information on a 1917 Mitchell 6 cyl touring car.

They seem to be pretty rare.

This one is an older restoration.

Runs and drives well.

Selling it for a client.

Here's description:

This the 1917 Mitchell. The car runs and drives and like most cars of this age.

It has a borg warner overdrive behind the tranny and it is in high range and locked there. The headlights need to be wired and the museum lost the tail light when restoring the car. The ignition and light switch has been rebuilt and is OK. The generator was rebuilt

but the voltage regulator will not pull it in. A very strange 95 year old regulator.

I had a new water pump built for the engine and works well. The carburetor is a stromberg OS1 and works but really needs an OS2 to be right. I do have the original

Rayfield carburetor but have been told that because they are a pressed together unit, they are very difficult to rebuild. The tires are older NON-SKID t read and are OK.

The top is new and the seats were done in a royal blue leather.

The restoration is about 25 years old and still very presentable. It was done by the Dodge Museum in Chandler AZ

Thanks

Eric

208-539-7080

This is a nice car, but in the market place has some drawbacks.

The years from 1916-1924 for collectable automobiles is a gray area, although there were some wonderful automobiles built during that time period. Not old enough for HCCA events, too old for CCCA events, and not as "over the road" capable as late 20's cars.

So, although a nice car, it's probably worth in the $12000-$15000 price range.

In 23009, at Hershey, a similar car (in slightly better shape, it would appear) sold for a little over $19,000.

From a trimmer's standpoint, it appears from the pictures that the seats are overstuffed with foam, which is not correct. I may not be correct either, of course......