1920 buick 6cyl roadster interior

Guest jerredb

Guest jerredb

recently been given 1920 roadster have all parts but only have seat frames and springs what should wrap these with? and where can i find correct style material? any and all info about his car would be appreciated

Guest WEB 38

I Have a 1920 buick k-45 touring car all oridginal, Let me know if I can be of any help.Bill WEB 38

Guest jerredb

well bill any help is good help i have no clue what model this roadster is ..... the best i could tell you is that it has 2 seats and a six cyl like i said it was given to me its all there i will be doing body and paint work on car soon the engine is done and should start with no problem (i hope) its been a few years since it ran i am guessing it gets leather seats but I'm not really sure the only reason i think this is cause its a roadster with no side windows and the seats would have needed to withstand the elements .any info would really help out

thanks -Jerred

Jerredb,

Are you looking for a pattern for the interior, or just a source of the leather, How is the top and do you have side curtains. Are you doing the work yourself or seking a contractor for the interior. Do you have a tag on the firewall, which should have model number information?

You should consider joining the BCA and either local chapter, Nutmeg in the New Haven area or Yankee in the Hartford area. Feel free to conact me at j.scheib@comcast.net or my cell phone 860.558.6764.

John

Jerred, Try LeBaron-Bonney in Amesbury, Ma. They are very helpful with any questions about any upholstery job and sell any and all the materials. I've dealt with them a few times and had good experiences. They are not just Ford people.

Jerred

The 1920 roadster is Model K-44, 19,000 were built for domestic sales and 200 for export.

It has a 118" wheelbase. a 242 cu inch engine, bore and stroke 3-3/8 x 4-1/2 inches.

the K series was basicaly the same as the 1919 H series carried over into 1920.

The chassis/frame number is on the chassis near the fuel tank. I have a 1920 sedan with a localy built body.

Rod