Road wheels

Guest BIGRIV

Guest BIGRIV

Hey guys, does anyone know around how much (ball park) it would cost to get my wheels rechromed? And a good place to get it done, Massachusetts area if possible... I'm not opposed to buying a new set either if anyone has a real nice set for sale... Thanks -Mike G.

If you are patient you can find really nice original 66-70 wheels. That will be your least expensive route by far assuming you don't need perfection. When looking for date code specific wheels for my 66 over several months, I ran across 4 to 5 full sets of 67-70 wheels on ebay, craigslist, Buick forums, etc that were in really nice condition and usually they were around $400-$500 plus shipping which runs from $25-$35 per wheel. Check with the ROA advertisers as well. I know Riviera Bob Stemm had some nice wheels and may still have them.

Careful if/when selecting a plater to re-chrome these wheels. Doing them right requires proper equipment and preferrably experience doing Buick wheels. This is a case where getting references is imperative.

If buying wheels over the internet do your homework ahead of time to make sure you know what you are buying. Its common for people to advertise 71 & up wheels as 66-70.