Need help identifying 20's Buick numbers

Guest notdeadyet

Guest notdeadyet

Hello everyone.

This is Scott from Minnesota and I am trying to find out what I have here for Buick frames and engines.

My guess is they are from the mid to late 20's but I need better info as I want to sell them.

The first has a number on a tag on the frame rail that reads: 2244736

The engine has a number stamped on a machined surface above the starter that reads: 2361640 and also has a number cast into the middle of the block below the side covers that reads: 214657

These are on the passenger side.

The second has a number on a tag on the frame rail that reads: 1415477

The engine has a tag on it that reads: 1471179

The first is just the frame and the engine/transmission.

The second is missing the body, grille, radiator but otherwise is mostly there.

I also have a four door that is mostly complete that I was told is a 1930 but I would like to know for sure.

The number on the tag on the frame reads: 2374453

The tag on the firewall reads:

Job # 30009

Body # 20088

I can't see any numbers on the engine as it is very dirty.

This car is almost complete and has almost no rust but it will need all the wood replaced and everything restored as it has been sitting outside now for the last few years.

Any help you can give me will be greatly welcomed as I am being forced to sell off my old cars and parts and I am trying to find homes for them before they get scrapped.

Hi, Scott;

After you get the information on the models your parts are for, send an email with your ad to editor@gopherstatebuick.org. Marge can put your ad in the June chapter newsletter if she has the ad by May 17th. If you have pictures, you can attach them. They won't appear in the newsletter, but she can send them to everyone in the Gopher State Chapter which she has an e-mail address for. Be sure to include your asking prices,