Is this a rare car?

Hello folks,

Quick question:

A good friend of mine has recently shown me an old car in a garage where his relative has kept it hidden away for a several years.

Not knowing very much about cars of this era, I took his word for what he has said is a Ford 2-dr sedan-type car with suicide doors.

He states it is a '34 and supposed to be super rare.

Is this in fact a rare model Ford?

No. 34 Ford Tudors are desirable and you certainly don't see them every day, but they are not super rare

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply. :)

Okay, So THIS is what is known as a Tudor! I've heard the term and now I can make the connection. I wish I would have taken a few pictures; maybe I'll get another chance in the future.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

If the back of the car slanted toward the back bumper, it would be a Deluxe Victoria, with 20,083 produced new against the more common Tudor (246,763 produced in Deluxe and Standard). The Victoria is rare, but the survival percentage is higher than for the Tudor, so you could not say that it is one of a few survivors.

If the back of the car slanted toward the back bumper, it would be a Deluxe Victoria, with 20,083 produced new against the more common Tudor (246,763 produced in Deluxe and Standard). The Victoria is rare, but the survival percentage is higher than for the Tudor, so you could not say that it is one of a few survivors.

Thanks for checking in and letting me know. I belive eit has a squared-off back making it the normal tudor.

Ralph