Buicks in the Movies

dibarlaw

Just finished watching a RKO 1936 Whodunit "All mussed up". There were plenty of early 1930s cars, 34 Ford Coupe, 1928 Packard limo, 1930 Cadillac sedan, and 31 V16 etc. At the end the guilty ones stole one of the 2 police issue 1930 Buick Phaetons then crashed it thru a gate then ito a truck! After which the other 1930 Buick takes the surivor to jail. Much front end damage! I am still shaking!

Larry

Guest buicker

The Tom hanks movie road to perdition has a 31 series 50 in several scenes. I can't remember what other cars were in it because I was busy watching the 50 series. Still can't remember much about the movie because the car was in almost every scene.

Guest buicker

That car was on e bay awhile back and had a ford four cylinder in it so not exactly close to original, plus I think I remember them saying it had a ford rear end so the wheels probably were altered as well. I will have to go back and watch it again. I suspect a lot of old cars in movies these days are like that but still neat to see a modern movie with old cars.

Guest RainierHooker

Whole bunches of Buicks in "The Thin Man Goes Home". Cop car, taxi's et cetera. The whole Thin Man series is a visual candy store. IMCDb is good, but omits a lot from the earlier movies.