New 6 volt battery for my '30 Chrysler???

Guest jimstulga

Guest jimstulga

Tired of buying cheap 6V $50 batteries that don't last, so looking at the Optima Red Top model. I enter my year, make and model and don't come up with a match. Does it really matter for my car? I'm looking at the 8010-044.

My car is a '30 Chrysler Junior 6 Cylinder business coupe and I've moved the battery to the trunk inside a plastic boat type holder, so size isn't much of an issue. Jim

You can probably fit two of the Optimas in the space of one regular 6V battery, and wire them in parallel for lots of cold cranking amps, however one should be sufficient. I replaced the giant battery in my '29 Cadillac with one of the little Optimas and it works extremely well. I'm very impressed, and if the appearance isn't an issue, I highly recommend them. Best batteries ever.

Guest jimstulga

Thanks for the responses. I think one battery will be fine for this car. I do have the two in parallel on my '41 Caddy. That's what made me fall in love with the Optima. Going to check out the Napa one for price comparison.

I like the Optima also. The 6-volt model is 8010-044 and I bought mine from Amazon a couple years ago. Delivered, it came in around $120. I see now the lowest price I can find is about $145.

Regards,

Ron

Guest jimstulga

Thanks for the input, Joe and yes my cables are new and correct. The battery box is placed in trunk way up toward the cabin, so not much further back than original location. Jim