Help needed collecting parts

I'm not sure if anyone can help me but here i go.

A while ago I bought a centre bonnet hinge and some bumper bar bolts.

I had them sent to Frank Kirkland of House Of Tops.

Frank's business wasn't doing too well and he's had to sell his house etc.

Last time I was able to email him he has my parts which I've paid for ( and I've paid the postage to get them to Australia too ) but as he has no money he cant send them to me. He lives in Portland, Oregan and I'm hoping someone lives near him and can get them for me

I know its a long shot but does anyone know where he is or can contact him.

Thanks for looking

Ian

what a Rib, I would contact him today, better if you gave me his number but hopefully I can get it off the net.

Are you assuming or do you know if its cancel Christmas on the buisness, if so than his buisness number may no longer be any good

Frank kirkland

503-890-1971

Portland, Or 97206

Page 1

You have reached a non working number is the message I get when I call,

Also found a 1.503.788.1971 but that number has been disconnected is the message I receive

Doing a yellow and white pages search in Portland Oregon is not giving me what I need unless of course I am willing to pay for the secret information which would prob. lead no-where. Scam alert

I wonder if Frank is maybe short for another name or a slang name. Id e-mail him but I doubt that will get me anywhere, unless someone has a better idea or lives closer or better yet knows the guy you might be outa luck

Guy like this has to be part of some local clubs almost, that is one way they can generate buisness, if you could find out what club and they have some contact info than you might be back in the game, maybe he mentioned owning something in passing with your e-mails?

The number can be found, a good number I mean, his address as well but it would either take me maybe alot of time or it might have to be a job given to someone I know that isnt going to do it for free, I dont know what these parts are worth to you?

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Hi Jason,

Thanks for looking.

Nothing in his emails that would help.

I think I paid $45 for the bonnet hinge and about $25 for the bumper bar bolts but I paid him $220 for the postage as the bonnet hinge is oversize and shipping something like that to Australia is expensive.

He did say they were going to repossess his house and he had limited internet connection.

I did mention to him that I did pay him for the postage so he wouldn't be out of pocket.....guess he forgot that detail huh !

Anyhow if you anyone who can help or knows of him, I'd be much obliged if you can just mention it and see where it goes from there.

Ian

If I lived closer Id be more than mentioning it to him.

I would suggest going thru the D.B club roster, making a list of all the D.B club members that lived in that area ( of his shop ) and contact them. Explain what has happened, you might be surprised on how much help you will get.

People that live in the area will know where to find him almost surely no matter how big of a town.

I would also suggest going on gogle earth, looking up his place of buisness, get the buisness contacts that are around him and contact them, they will know where he has gone in many cases and will provide leads for you.

One thing is for sure no matter how fat, lazy, uncaring about one anothers situations many of us have become in this country we all hate getting burned so it is almost a sure thing your story will inspire many of the people that you contact to lend a hand and get some sort of justice.

Good luck with your search and keep me informed if you make any progress.

Hello Ian, If you can find him anywhere in Washington or Portland, I can go get the parts and send them to you. Portland is about 5 hours from me, I can do it for you. I live in Poulsbo, Washington. All you have to do is find him.....Frank Kirkland is the guy your looking for? Thanks, Guy

Ian

I don,t know if this will help but it would be worth a try. The Portland Swap meet is this weekend April 6th to 8th someone involved with the event may be able to help you. Here is an address that may help: pdxswap@aol.com. Baxter Auto Parts is one of the sponsers, their contact information is: www.baxterautoparts.com. Another source would be the Multnoma Hot Rod Council 503-232-4567 they may have a web site or E-mail address but I did not find it in the phone book. They along with other auto clubs putmon the Swap Meet. Sorry about not getting you the Portland swap meet information sooner but I was having trouble getting on this site. I do live in tht Portland area so if I can help please let me know.

Dennis

Guest brian j

Hi. I don't know if this will help, but i found 2 businesses in the area with a connection to Franks House of tops in their links. You may be able to contact one of these and get information on the whereabouts of this guy.......AAJ Brakes, Portland Ph. 503-890-1469........or Graffiti Alley 675 River road, Eugene,Or. 97404... Ph. 541-689-7334 bob@graffitialley.com

I wonder if posting your problems here helped, maybe someone here tipped him off, wont be the first time this forum has helped bring a situation to justice