Sign in to follow this  
dean56

1958 continental shocks

Some where i saw a monroe part numbers for a 1958 continental conv. shocks front and rear, i think it even had a pic with it any ideas thanks dean

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Dean,

That is my thread on the 57 Premier, I'll save you some reading time:

QUOTE) I solved my front shock absorber problem. I removed one of the shocks and measured it then went on Monroe's website and opened up their mounting length sheet at http://www.monroe.com/assets/downloa...engthSheet.pdf

You pick the type of upper and lower mounts that fit your car then match them to the length dimensions for all shocks that they make, when you find a match it gives you the part number. You can then search the part number and it will tell you what vehicles it fits. Turns out the one I needed fits a 1994 Dodge B350 truck, it is the Gas Magnum type which is very heavy duty. I installed them yesterday and they fit perfectly. I just took it for a ride, what a difference! No more floating or bottoming and even though it is rated as HD the ride is very smooth. (QUOTE

I never found a listing for reasonably priced shocks for my 57 so I went this route, the pair cost $75.00 from Rock Auto. Good luck!