85 toro rear sway bushings

Guest griffer

Guest griffer

howdy campers. Mine are pretty ragged. I have been searcing high and low for these. mine are the 22mm ones and not the 24s. anyone know where to pick these up? Even a part number would be helpful.

alternative plan is to install upgraded size. Will the 24mm be a direct fit?

Plan C is install aftermarket one. Weigh n folks.

• 2 months later...
Guest rsd9699

Make some to what ever size you need using the still avalable tri-file motor mounts top is one size - bottom is another size - napa should have some on the shelf just waiting you to buy them.

Ron

I suspect you're meaning the bushings which wrap around the bar where it's secured to the body/frame/whatever rather than the ones on the end of the bar.

If you have a 22mm bar rather than a 24mm bar, you can take the 24mm bushings, then where the bushing splits, carefully slice a little from the top and bottom to make the hole smaller. Might need to fine-tune the circle when you're done, with some sand paper, possibly.

I found some applications (Chevy Corsica V-6) which have a 22mm front bar, but the bushings are shaped differently, I suspect. If you can find a suspension shop with a bushing "catalog" and related specs, you might find something closer for the desired bar diameter.

IF the bushing is designed to compress around the bar when the bushing support is bolted to whatever it bolts to, then it might be that the 24mm bushing would have a "slip fit" rather than a "compression fit" and might work better than you might suspect.

Just some thoughts . . .

NTX5467