1933 DeSoto rumbles seat cushions...

keiser31

Does anyone know if the seat spring/cushion pieces of a 1933 DeSoto coupe will fit a Plymouth, Dodge or Chrysler? I have possible access to a set that came out of a car for the conversion to a "trunk" car. The set is completely rust-free and the upholstery is not too bad. I will try to get photos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can check on my '32 DL on the weekend regarding dimensions. I am also very interested in the set if they are available, as my coupe is missing the seat bottom, and my friend's DL is missing the back (lid) cushion.

Sorry, but I have them going to a guy in Michigan if he gets hold of me. If not, there is a guy in Texas that is next in line. If they are still available after that, I will let you know. Thanks. John

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 33chrysler

In 33 Chrysler and Desoto bodys were identical so the rumble seats and cushions would be interchangeable. I don't know if you could make them work in a dodge plymouth but they would not be identical and my guess would be no.

Guest 33chrysler

Thats cool! The dodge/plymouth and Chrysler/desoto rumble lids are not interchangeable because they have a different curve to them.The 32 plymouth pb and 32 desoto sc would be the same as the 33 chrysler/ desoto. The inner structure on the 33 dodge/plymouth must have the same curve though.

Here are photo's of the 1933 Desoto rumble seat bottom cushion placed into my 1933 PD and a photo of another 1933 PD rumble seat bottom cushion. In comparing the Desoto cushions to the Plymouth cushions they appear to be identical in form and fit. The"upsets", rows and number of coil springs all are the same. So maybe the 1933 Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto and some Chrysler's may be interchangeable? Chris

post-86357-143139144746_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143139144733_thumb.jpg

post-86357-14313914474_thumb.jpg