Radiator Repair

Guest 3rd generation

Guest 3rd generation

Very new here and was wondering if anyone may have a spare radiator for sale for a Buick model 22-34 . Mine took a dump on me and would like a spare to replace it. Not too many craftsman left in the area to trust with the original to repair it. I would like a second radiator in case it was not repaired correctly.. Any help is appreciated.

Guest 3rd generation

Sorry about that. from West Seneca, New York. It's a 22 roadster. I spent the last 8 years getting rid of the rust and cant drive it. Worst mistake was flushing it out. overheats badly and leaks really bad now.

3rd Generation...as the crow flys I'm about 250 miles from you in upstate New York...I had a 22-34 and a 23-38 each having radiator troubles. I had them both recored not using the original expensive old style radiator material. I used an old timer in Amsterdam NY "Amsterdam Radiator" and in both cases the results were excellent...certainly you must have a radiator shop closer to you. I think the radiator that Mark posted is a 6 cylinder radiator with the crank going through the lower radiator tank. As memory serves me on the 4 cylinder the crank was below radiator

Guest 3rd generation

Thanks Tom, I think your correct on the crank handle. Unfortunately here, there are a lot of "old" businesses going under and some to be very good radiator shops with the late model plastic involved they cant survive. I try to do everything myself but putting a torch to 90 yr old fatigued metal is best left to a professional. Thanks for the help on this.

Guest 3rd generation

Thanks for the tips guys. Sounds like a couple of skilled shops not too far from home. I will do some contacting and let you know how I made out. Spring is around the corner and way too much work into this car to let it sit. Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Guest 3rd generation

I guess I got an education in the antique market. $3000.00 for a new core that is similiar to the original. i am old school and think that's pretty expensive. They say they can replace it with a later model design but i think that would detract from the looks of the car.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Mochet

Check Hemmings and the various Forums for radiator shops. Each forum has a "search" function. Here's one shop, for example. There are more closer to you, I'm sure. Call local restoration shops for referrals.

Phil

I thought my 27 Buick Rad was junk but a rad shop here fixed it. There is a company Maine Rad in Lewiston, Me. They have a sheet of honeycomb the same as orginial Buick Rad that they put in front of a modern Rad. Looks just like a orginial honerycomb Rad. I was going that route but mine was fixable. Quote of $5000. to do a new honeycomb. Good Luck