1990 Headlight switch for parts

atikovi

• 2 weeks later...
I hope i can put it back together(i think i can)but will it work?If not i will keep it for spare parts,still worth it.

If you want to send it to me i will reassemble it and test it in my personal car and then return it to you. No charge, except for the return shipping.

Jim

Guest mongeonman
If you want to send it to me i will reassemble it and test it in my personal car and then return it to you. No charge, except for the return shipping.

Jim

Thanks Jim,i may take your offer if i d ont succeed putting it back together.

Guest HessLakeGuy

Jim:

I have two extra 1990 switches with unknown backrounds that I will ship to you.

Do those special boxes that the Post Office sells work well? (I don't have them at this house so it may be a while for me to get them to you.)

Tom

Tom,

When I send headlight switches I use the "small" Flat Rate boxes and I always add delivery confirmation. These boxes will hold one or two switches.

The small flat rate boxes ship for $ 5.35 and delivery confirmation is $ .75

I will send you a prepaid box for you to send me the switches and I will check them out for you.

The Post Office has them for free along with all the other sizes of flat rate boxes.

I order about 15 different sizes of Priority Mail boxes and they are free and shipped to my home free. Most of the Post Offices do not stock any boxes other than the Flat Rate boxes.

Tom,

When I send headlight switches I use the "small" Flat Rate boxes and I always add delivery confirmation. These boxes will hold one or two switches.

The small flat rate boxes ship for $ 5.35 and delivery confirmation is $ .75

I will send you a prepaid box for you to send me the switches and I will check them out for you.

The Post Office has them for free along with all the other sizes of flat rate boxes.

I order about 15 different sizes of Priority Mail boxes and they are free and shipped to my home free. Most of the Post Offices do not stock any boxes other than the Flat Rate boxes.

I've found that the small flat rate box is too small for a headlight switch with any adequate amount of packing material. I use the slightly larger side loading priority mail box.

Also, if you make the label online, delivery confirmation is free.

FYI if you use Paypal shipping the rate is $5.15 and D.C. is free. You can also use a padded flat rate envelope.
I thought you had to receive payment via PayPal for an item before you could print a shipping label. Has that changed?

Just wondering. It's been a while since I shipped anything using PayPal.

Guest Kingsley

Are not Jim and Marck talking about the same box? To me, small flat rate box is the same as small Priority Mail mail box. Both are flat rate and side loaders, I believe.

Nothing to lose sleep over, but possibly a bit interesting to those of us who ship a lot of stuff.

Are not Jim and Marck talking about the same box? To me, small flat rate box is the same as small Priority Mail mail box. Both are flat rate and side loaders, I believe.

Nothing to lose sleep over, but possibly a bit interesting to those of us who ship a lot of stuff.

No, you can order small side loading priority mail boxes from the USPS website that are just slightly larger than the small flat rate boxes.

The "standard" small flat rate box is the SFRB and is 5 3/8 X 8 5/8 X 1 5/8 and ships for $ 5.35

This box you fold in half, fold in the locking sides and then the top has a preglued strip on it.

It will hold two '88-89 headlight switches.

The PO used to have a small flat rate box that was terrible. It was smaller and thinner than the SFRB and you had to do a lot of folding to get it to work.

Follow up and making a short story longer.

In reference to my mentioning about another small flat rate box. I was wrong.

About a year ago I ordered some boxes from the PO and got these bad boxes, thinking I was getting SFRBs. I took about 30 of them to my local PO so they could give them out to customers as I didn't want them. Today I was at the PO shipping some parts and he still had some of those boxes. The are not a flat rate box but called a 0-DVDS meaning small DVD box.

Don't order any of these. They are smaller than an SFRB but are not flat rate and are a problem trying to fold them.