1932 REO Royale Rumble Seat Coupe

Guest KeithSmith

Guest KeithSmith

I am trying to locate others with a 1932 REO Royale 8-35 Rumble Seat Coupe. I bought a restored one about 4 years ago. I am a member of the REO Club and also a member of the CCCA. Pics are below (BTW- that is not my house, but it makes for a great pic)

I also am looking for a few parts, all of which are interchangeable with any 31 or 32 REO Royale. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 chrome trim ring for ignition switch on dash

2 gas cap

3 Grill cover plate for hand crank hole -with mounting screw

post-82848-143138822219_thumb.jpg

post-82848-143138822226_thumb.jpg

thanks

Keith Smith Dallas, TX

Guest KeithSmith

I did a search on the thread back to about 2008, and did not see anything. But I will check again.

thanks for the heads up.

Guest KeithSmith

after researching it further, it looks like it was not a Royale, but a REO Sport coupe. It was parted out later anyway for the engine and chasis. What a shame!

If you go back through the forum you will find 2 that were for sale in the last 3 years. One was a complete coupe like yours that Barry Brown was selling from an estate in Canada. The other was a Victoria that was in Washington state and in pieces. If I have time tomorow I will find the Victoria ad.

Guest KeithSmith
If you go back through the forum you will find 2 that were for sale in the last 3 years. One was a complete coupe like yours that Barry Brown was selling from an estate in Canada. The other was a Victoria that was in Washington state and in pieces. If I have time tomorow I will find the Victoria ad.

thanks. I sure appreciate it.

Guest KeithSmith
I have an 1931 REO Royale Rumble Seat Coupe. It was the one listed on this forum. 937-776-7202 Brian

thanks Brian. I will give you a call.

It is at D @ D Restoration in Covington Ohio, getting the complete work over by Roger James. The car took a little hit when I was bring it home. The trailer hitch broke, the car received a few dings and so did I. He is doing a frame off restoration. Brian

Guest KeithSmith

Congratulations 1927 S! It will be a fantastic car. Is it an 8-31 or 8-35? Hope you will join the REO Club or the CCCA. My name is Keith Smith, live in Dallas and have an 8-35.

I appreciate everyones help in tracking another 32' Royale Coupe down. We need to stay in touch.

I was referring to the 199K for the roadster not the coupe. I searched all available data and haven't found anything close. There is also very little data as these are extremely uncommon.

I was too. S Ray Miller's brought 190k 8 years ago. There was another which is escaping me that brought 220.

Ton of money agreed but not unprecedented.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

Guest KeithSmith

I have seen the one on ebay in person, and its very nice. The Royales are very rare, with somewhere between 57 to 65 left for both 31 and 32. Maybe 70 tops. There are only 9 convertibles between both 31 and 32. Two of these were coachbuit by Dietrich. So the one one EBay may sure bring that price. The coupes are the most rare, then convertibles, the Victoria, then sedans. I think that once collectors understand what a Royale is, they do have a great appreciation for them. The Royales are seldom seen, so they are not in the forefront of collectors minds. I have a feeling that is changing.

Keith, I agree that the Royale is under-appreciated. The dynamic of the hobby is interesting. Because there are very few Reo cars to begin with, you don't have a group of guys trying to work their way up to the "top of the mountain" like you do with Packard. I've been a big fan since about 1975 when my dad and I were pulling the master cylinder out of a Royale Chassis because it was identical to Duesenberg Model J.

Guest KeithSmith

were in great company then , being compared to the Duesy ""J"! I am going to give it my best shot at promoting the Royales when I show my coupe at the Amelia Island Concour in a few weeks. It will be the only one there so it should add some variety to the normal line up. I would encourage other Royale owners to get theirs out more, I hope to see Brian's (1927S) coupe when it gets out of the shop. Alsancle- I think that I missed getting your name and which Royale you have. I sure appreciate your help.