weight of V-12 ?

Restorer32

Guest zazothex

I have a buddy of mine who worked for FoMoCo for nearly 50 years, and he told me 950#. I just pulled mine with a 2-ton cherry picker (just block, drained) and I'd guess at least 800. The V8s run about 550, so I'd say between 800-900.

Guest notnow

Hey Peecher !!! The last picture I got from you showed 2 or 3 Complete Engines setting on the floor , do you still have them and if so maybe you could call the Weights and Measures Man and have him try out his Test Scales.. Around here They are always out testing scales .. On the other hand I wouldn't want them at my house either !! Years ago it was an all day job to test the Truck Scales as they had to hand unload and reload all those" Known Weight "Weights ,I suppose they have an easier way of doing it now...I think the Portable Scales the police use on the Truckers are air operated ..Anyway I for One Appreciate all the Information You give us Dummys.. Thank You and Have A Great 2012 --- CH

Well thanks Clarence. Yes, I still have a couple complete engines resting quietly. I guess it wouldn't be much of problem renting a scale and settling the weight question. I live in a rural area so doubt if there's any "weights and measures" folks available but you never know?

Guest 40-41 connies

Dee, if you are age 28 the starter alone weight 35 lbs. If you are 82, the weight has increased to

75lbs when you attempt to lift it up while on your back to install.