1930 chrysler CJ frame problem

Guest rkabool

Guest rkabool

Good day. Could someone who has a 1930 CJ 4 door chrysler please tell me what the distance between the frame rails should be at the front of the frame, at the front spring hangers. My frame has been cut up and I do not know the what the width should be at the front of the frame. Thanks Ray pic

post-81974-143138785749_thumb.jpg

Guest rkabool

Thanks guys. Pictures would probally be helpful. My CJ goes to a frame tech on thursday. If you could show where the measurement is taken that would help. I may need to find a radiator cross member for it. Ray I have 4 shocks I may not need.

Here are your measurements

from outside to outside

at front spring perches 27 1/8"

at rear of radiator support 29 1/4"

at center of back spring support 30 3/4

at front of bell housing 32 1/4"

at center of first cross member 34 5/8

at center of rear cross member 38 1/4

This is from a 1930 DeSoto ck 109" WB which should be identical to your CJ

Hope this helps

The Chrysler CJ (which i presume to stand for Chrysler Junior) is the small version Chrysler almost identical to the 30 DeSoto CK. Both had a 109" wheel base, body panels were interchangeable, engine parts were mostly interchangeable. (heads, manifolds etc) The CJ had a narrow radiator shell with the adjustment in body length being made up in a slightly longer hood, but with the same 3 set louver pattern. The CJ had a 1/8" longer engine stroke and no timing chain (like the DeSoto/Fargo Packet engine) giving it a slightly larger displacement than the DeSoto and presumably more durability. It was definitely a different car than the "66".

On the front of the frame, where the bumper bar bolts to the spring perches,...

Center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole is 25 inches, exactly.

Measuring from the center to center,of the holes would give you the most accurate measurement. The front spring perch is also the mount for the front bumper bar.

Lets see if I can load a picture or two.

Bill H

post-55453-143138788592_thumb.jpg

post-55453-143138788609_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Mike 30 cj6

Hi while we're at it I have a 30 cj6 roadster and I am in need of a driver's side front running board bracket. I think a 30 DeSoto may also work. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike