63 Dynaflow complete rebuild cost

Guest 63 rivenge

Guest 63 rivenge

Hello,

new to the forum, what do you guys think a fair price is for a complete rebuild on a 63 Riv dynaflow.......is 2 k over the too ?

Thanks in advance

Guest 63 rivenge

Thanks for your help Guys, .......yes only one shop I found here in The Philly suburbs of Pa., who wanted to touch it. Parts are big $$$$, but what the hell, the car turns more heads then any car I had

Have you looked for overhaul kit prices in the classifieds of the Riview? It might be nice to know just what kind of profits the rebuilder is making off reselling you parts. I'm not saying that he shouldn't make a fair markup but you don't want to be led to believe the parts are made of unobtainium.

Ed

OK Rivenge: A used Dynaflow (61-63) runs about $100-$250. I see them for sale all the time. The R and R is not too much time. My suggestion, perhaps try to find a used tranny. You could save big bucks. If you put a dud in at least you'll have a parts tranny just in case you do decide to rebuild. I doubt that you are commuting with this car and besides, "reliable" and "rebuilt" are NOT always synonymous. Mitch