Parts book - early '80's

Barney Eaton

Anyone have a '82 or '83 Buick parts book and would be willing to look up some parts for the power antenna?

GM changed the design of the power antenna and I am trying to pinpoint when it was done.

With a parts book, looking up the spool, armature, or housing would determine when it was done.

The first picture is the antenna used in the '70's

The second picture is the later and current power antenna design.

If you have a parts book, I can feed you numbers for the above parts and sometime aroung '82 there should be two different numbers, the old and the new

post-30596-143138737857_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143138737859_thumb.jpg

Guest 75RivGS

Probably not much of a help here, but at least you can see there's also a differnce between the 73/74 and 75 up(?) power antenna.

Sorry no further info.

dsc02866tg.jpg

dsc02864kr.jpg

Guest 75RivGS

Barney, these exploded views came from a Chassis & Body Illustration Catalog (40A - models through 1975) but there are no exploded views of the antennas themselves. (checked all 2 1/2" of paper :) )

You might want to check with Delco catalogs in stead of Buick... just a wild guess: antennas were/are considdered unrepairable once broken and so the whole part was changed(?)

Thanks Larry, that narrow the window on when the change was made.

You may have seen from another of my post that I am rebuilding power antenna using steel cable that is plastic coated.

GM has discontinued the plastic line repair kits and you must purchase a new antenna.

I tried "weed-eater" line and some worked better than other but the steel line is the solution.

It gives a almost "lifetime" fix for that part of the antenna, now if we could figure out how to keep them from bending when you run them thru a car wash we would never need to fix one again.

I hope you see this Barney, PM me about the car cover ASAP please!

Also check your email. thanks!

Thanks Larry, that narrow the window on when the change was made.

You may have seen from another of my post that I am rebuilding power antenna using steel cable that is plastic coated.

GM has discontinued the plastic line repair kits and you must purchase a new antenna.

I tried "weed-eater" line and some worked better than other but the steel line is the solution.

It gives a almost "lifetime" fix for that part of the antenna, now if we could figure out how to keep them from bending when you run them thru a car wash we would never need to fix one again.