92 Riv trouble again!!!

Guest exnitro

Guest exnitro

Now my blower motor will not shut off with the key off. I pulled a battery cable to save the battery. I've just about run out of hair to pull. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim:confused:

Sounds to me like a failed blower motor control module part #12368389 (sometimes called a relay and/or a resistor). I see them on EBay Motors often and Rockauto also has them.

Guest exnitro

Thanks guys, I kinda thought that would be the culprit. Gonna check a local yard Mon. Hopefully they'll have one that will work. If I have this Riv much longer, I won't have any hair left.:rolleyes:

Look at Cadillac if you go to a yard. IMHO opinion they are better. Make sure the connections look the sam [2 harnesses one with two pins one with four].

In other words look at yours first...

You might also want to hang out [any one with baby Rivs] on the Reatta site, we know your car...

Guest exnitro

Thanks for the tip, gives me more options. Yard closed today so I'll have to wait till Mon. At least today is supposed to be fairly nice outside so I'll pull my module.

Exnitro...thanks for following up and letting us know your problem has been solved. Too many times folks ask for help with a car problem, receive advice, but never let us know the outcome.