Please help with ballpark value 1941

Guest Bad Boy Auto

Guest Bad Boy Auto

110 coupe. Stock with correct but older restoration. Car has always been in the northwest. Correct interior, nice gauges, seats, floors, non rusty and drives like new. Far from perfect and far from junk. Very showable car. Can I pay $19,000 and be OK? I dont care about 2 or 3 grand too much. I simply would like an assisted estimate. I can be emailed at emery.properties@comcast.net

OH, and thank you.

Dave is the expert so I would respect his opinion. My only two cents is this: "non rusty" can be lots of different things to different people. If the car has had significant rust issues repaired poorly then it's worth nothing more than parts to me.

Also, it's a good idea to post good pictures when looking for the opinions of people who can't see the car.

Agree on Dave's assesment, A.J.'s recomendation on Dave's expertise and comment around "non rusty" vs. "clean and solid. Sounds like you are describing a solid car that you could take to a local show with pride - if so, you are in the ballpark for a good car.

A LOT of Sr. Packard owners I have spoken with are impressed with the 6 cylinder used for the 110 - 115 cars, and many like Dave own one as well! These engines have a reputation for durability, and a 110 won't break the bank to service or get parts for.

Last, spend the $35 or whatever it is each year to join PAC, and you will get a lot of info, contacts, publications etc. for your money.

Good luck with it!

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT
clarification (see edit history)

Dave is the expert so I would respect his opinion. My only two cents is this: "non rusty" can be lots of different things to different people. If the car has had significant rust issues repaired poorly then it's worth nothing more than parts to me.

Also, it's a good idea to post good pictures when looking for the opinions of people who can't see the car.

Agree on the rust - without seeing photos or really seeing the car, I am just taking the description at face value.

The thing I should add is that if you don't know the car you are buying, you should hire someone who does to go look at it with you and evaluate it. Paying someone a couple hundred dollars can save you thousands. I have done this for people both using photos and going to look in person and I don't always advise them to buy the car - at any price.

Guest Bad Boy Auto

Thank you Dave and others for your input. The paint is over 10 years old and shows no evidence of adverse reactions. some chips in the paint at the leading surfaces. Looking under the car, there is no heavy undercoating or new anything sprayed on the car. I will make the offer to purchase and see where it leads. Again, thank you for your time.