Has anyone seen a friend with any misc. Alvis parts? I still need a few to finish up an Alvis Special and also a 1947 TA-14 DHC. I know that they are not common in the US but you never know what we have that we can share with one another. Particularly, I could use a pair of Jaguar XK-120 size wheel spinners that say Alvis and not the typical Jaguar. Two more and I will have a matched set for my car.

Regards,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Art,

Thanks for the reference. I am an Alvis club member and am familiar with Red Triangle. I sent an email to the British firm making new spinners. I hope they match the original design and style. Maybe I can get a full set to place on my Alvis TA-14.

Thanks Again,

Alan

• 10 months later...

For any Alvis people with potential parts or knowledge of parts, I would like to locate several sundry misc. items for my TA-14 DHC. Small parts are needed up to and including a better chassis would be good. My chassis is restorable but it makes me tired just looking at what needs to be done! Is a loose chassis anywhere in the USA...now is you chance to speak up.

Al

• 8 months later...

Still looking for a few Alvis TA-14 parts and also any Alvis TA-21. These Alvis cars are late 40's and early 50's models. The TA-14 is a 4 cylinder car and the TA-21 is a 6 cylinder model. If you know of anything, please drop a note. Alan

• 2 weeks later...

For those that may not know. Alvis is a low production car from England. They all are considered "Coach Built", meaning they have custom non factory bodies. The big series Alvis, was a direct competitor to Bentley, LaGonda and etc. They are not seen much in the US but have had a significant number imported over time. If you have seen any Alvis parts or a long ago hidden project, please drop a note. I am midstream with a TA-14 and also a TA-21. Parts help is appreciated. Both of my projects are late 40's early 50's. Thanks, Al

• 2 weeks later...