1956 'Moustache Bar' needed, UPS broke mine

Guest gunjeep444

Guest gunjeep444

I shipped the bar above the grill to get re-plated. UPS broke it. So, I need another, any ideas of where to seek the part, please let me know.

Guest gunjeep444

The website for Wheatbelt is down and the phone # does not work, at least the one I found online. Okay, I looked it up online again, had been using Buick and not auto. Phone # did work, got an answering matching, so left a message.

wheatbeltbuick@att.net 580-855-2449

Edited by gunjeep444 (see edit history)

Guest gunjeep444

I filed a claim with UPS. They are supposed to go inspect it. Guy at the plating firm said they generally disallow claims, unless it was packed at a UPS store. So I'm just trying to find a replacement.

I didn't mean to sound abrasive and apologize if I did. I meant to say no amount of insurance is going to make it right if the bar cannot be found.

Jerry, just remember the bar is the same one on the Super, no matter the body style.

Guest 56BuickSuper

Jerry,

I may have a spare for you. Also I may be heading to Mount Rushmore from Texas in a week or so. Looks like I will be hitting 80W near Kearmey, anywhere near you?

Dan

Edited by 56BuickSuper (see edit history)

Guest gunjeep444

YES! I am 35 miles west from Kearney. I would sure like to get it from you, no shipping would be ideal, since I had a bad experience with that! I can meet you anywhere/anytime, I'm retired.

thanks!!!! Jerry

308-324-3004

Guest gunjeep444

Jim, you are so right about this forum, been a lot of help to me. Dan may be here by this weekend, might get the part on before I put it into storage for the winter. IF it needs re-chroming I will drive it down!