Ok.. This ones got me beat...

NCReatta

There is no way to check the fuel pressure through the CRT. This can only be done with an inexpensive test set. Harbor Freight sells one that works just fine. Typically the most common cause of poor mileage is a slow, or defective, O2 sensor, but beyond that, there are many things that can cause a problem. Padgett points out a misfire will cause problems that the O2 has no control over, and will drive you crazy. The reverse is also true. A defective injector may cause a mixture that the plug can't fire consistantly. Indirectly you can watch the Fuel Integrator (short term correction) and Block Learn (long term) to see what the ECM is trying to do. Readings that are substantially above 128 indicate the ECM is trying to add fuel, and under 128 indicates it is trying to lean the mixture.

Guest Kingsley

Speaking of MAF sensors, some time ago the became the subject of a lot of commentary on the Forum. I my recall is correct, someone asked what the interior of a MAF sensor and at that time there was no reply.

Take a look at this and you will be much more learned.

post-60069-143138693915_thumb.jpg