John Steed's 1926 Vauxhall?

Joris

To prove my ignorance (and I do know nothing about Vauxhall's)...<P>Is it possible this is not a roadster? Given the rear wheels, and the rather flat appearance of the rear of the car behind the passenger compartment, might it have been some form of a utlitarian vehicle? Maybe something akin to a truck type body behind the seats? Just a thought from my somewhat overactive imagination... hey ocassionally they are good ones... well okay on rare ocassions.<P>Rich

Joris, I wonder if the negative was reversed. The Vauxhall is right hand drive, but the spare wheel is blocking entry. I think this was once a sedan and had the rear body section removed. If anyone has a nice "30-98" Vauxhall that they would like to get rid, of please email me.

Prior to the General Motors takeover in '26 I think, Vauxhall made a large sleeve valve chassis, this might be one.<BR>Forgot what it was called dammit! mad.gif" border="0

The VAUXHALL body seems original to me.<P>That kind of two seater with a flat section at the back was not uncommon just before and after WWI ; it was considered as sporty before the Bordino fashion.<P>I have a nice period picture of such a car on the Riviera, I guess in 1914. If the owner of the Vauxhall were interested Iwould be glad to mail a copy