1927 Chrysler electrical problem

Guest koa

HELP!! I picked up a 1927 Chrysler all original down to the leather brakes and it ran perfect. That is until I put the new battery in backwards. I have never had a 6 volt system before let alone a positive ground system. With that said, I hooked the ground to the positive (one big spark) now nothing works. Starter turns over just fine, I no longer have lights or spark. I have been unable to locate any type of fuse. I have installed a new started solenoid and a new coil, still nothing works except the starter. Has anyone done this before or do you have any suggestions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Yes, I only have one fuse and it's not hooked up to anything. I don’t know much about the car. I just got the car from my friend’s wife who died of cancer and I noticed several wires had been cut. I know he never did anything with it because, it worked. I would love to see schematic of how this thing is suppose to be wired. If you have one would you be interested in emailing to me rae95B@yahoo.com. What is your one fused hooked to?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Yes its true that there is a solitary fuse behind the main lighting switch and it protects the lighting circuit only. There is obviously another problem however which caused the flash, connecting the battery wrong way round would not cause the fuse to blow, quite possibly the generator cutout is stuck closed or similar.

The starter will turn because its connected direct to the battery via the start switch, you really need someone with electrical skills to have a look before you start smoking some wires.