Looking for history (and previous owner) of my car...

Adambravo

Not sure if this is going to work, but I figured it was worth a shot...

I purchased a delightful '63 from Fowlerville, MI, last fall; the owner had only owned the car for about six months, but the owner before him had owned the car for ten years. As a result, I don't have a lot of history on the car, aside from the fact it appears to have been repainted once (the original Arctic White, I think), it's got a newer radiator, a CD changer with a Custom Autosound radio, and it's been fitted with wood trim on the console. I think the seller mentioned the previous owner's name was Roland, but I've been having trouble getting hold of the seller live and figured someone here might be able to help (or might even recognize the car). Thanks in advance...

post-70767-143138645979_thumb.jpg

post-70767-143138645982_thumb.jpg

If you think the previous owner was an ROA member, you might see if Jim Cannon has the car in his registry. He'd probably need the VIN or perhaps the FB number. I don't know the base for Jim's registry. Posting a picture of the Fisher data plate might be helpful. This is all dependent on the previous owner registering with Jim.

Ed

The options on the data plate are for modifications or installations that were made to a basic body at the Fisher Body plant before final assembly. Holes were needed for screws, or tabs to hold wires, or holes were needed to route the cable for the remote mirror, a/c hoses, or remote trunk release tubing. Other options such as four note horns, cornering lights, cruise, etc. could be added just by picking up the needed piece from the parts bin. The wiring harness was installed at final assembly so those other options could be added as needed. The glass was installed at the body plant so that's on the data plate as well.

Ed