29 DA

Guest Dennis A

Guest MidTNDawg

OK so the engine will run and pull gas from the tank. That's good. I fooled around and ran out of gas the other day. Just a good thing I had a funnel, wrench, and some gas with me.

Guest rbardin

If there is no fuel in the vacuum tank the primer is of no use. I would still have to fill the tank by the funnel method. Will it make easier to start? Hope to find out in the not to far distant future.

Guest MidTNDawg

If anything ever starts easier than my DA, it will have to start from thought waves. Yhe biggest problem I have had was pushing the choke back in quickly last Feb. I kept thinking the cold weather would require more choke. Nope!

• 10 months later...
Guest Dennis A

I thought it best to resurrect this old thread since it pertains to 29 DA's in general. I am trying to either determine "original" or buy original for several items on my car. I guess the best responses would be photos of the original item.

Rearview mirrors: My drivers side and passenger side are not the same. A good photo of an original one would help.

Rear taillight/license plate holder - I have two and don't know which one (hopefully) is correct.

Vacuum tank - I believe Kingston was original. I acquired a Stewart. Were Stewarts ever used in USA 29's?

Carburator - I would like to see some detailed photos of the original Stromberg.

Running board trim and linoleum. (I am fabricating the boards.) Photos are needed.

Tool Kit - Am especially interested in the rim spreader and jack.

I've passed on a couple of buys because I didn't know what I was looking at. Thanks for the help.

Guest 1930
I thought it best to resurrect this old thread since it pertains to 29 DA's in general. I am trying to either determine "original" or buy original for several items on my car. I guess the best responses would be photos of the original item.

Rearview mirrors: My drivers side and passenger side are not the same. A good photo of an original one would help.

Rear taillight/license plate holder - I have two and don't know which one (hopefully) is correct.

Vacuum tank - I believe Kingston was original. I acquired a Stewart. Were Stewarts ever used in USA 29's?

Carburator - I would like to see some detailed photos of the original Stromberg.

Running board trim and linoleum. (I am fabricating the boards.) Photos are needed.

Tool Kit - Am especially interested in the rim spreader and jack.

I've passed on a couple of buys because I didn't know what I was looking at. Thanks for the help.

Exterior rear view mirrors would have been an add-on at some later point

Two different variations, ( not including variations of style of bumper ) post pictures of what you have with the style of bumper on your car and I can tell you if either is original for the car

Stewerts were export only originally

Look here for a picture of your carb Welcome

Original trim was available some time ago, cant recall his name, he passed away and his son took over the buisness, It will come to me, runningboard rubber matched your front floormat and runningboards themselves are avail thru Romars or at least were at one point. I can post pict still if you would like

Rim spreader was not part of the original tool-kit, there is a post I started here titled tool-kits, if you do a search you will find it, I can add to most of what is missing from that post

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Guest Dennis A

Thanks for the replies. I attached a photo of the rear bumper. Not all parts were on at the time of the photo. I'll have to take a photo of the tail light.

Running board/floor mat material - No mats in the car. If you have photos I would like to see.

29 DA Side & Rear.pdf

Dennis, I thought I remembered a runningboard rubber conversation a while back...anyway, this link has photos of runningboard rubber and I think it matches the driver's seat area rubber as well...but that' another conversation I haven't located.

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/1929-da-running-board-matting-292184.html

Guest Dennis A

Attached are the tail light brackets and plate holder that I have. Also, included a pic of the light assembly that came with the car. I'm pretty sure it isn't correct, including the light itself.

Bob, thanks for the carb photos and the link for the running board info. I have the drawings made for the metal boards and will get on this next. Does anyone know the gauge of the metal? Sample I have is 20 guage.

Jason, also thanks for the carb link. Was the trim guy you were trying to remember the same one in the link that Bob referenced?

post-77990-143139092544_thumb.jpg

post-77990-143139092547_thumb.jpg

post-77990-143139092549_thumb.jpg

Tail light1.pdf

Attached are the tail light brackets and plate holder that I have. Also, included a pic of the light assembly that came with the car. I'm pretty sure it isn't correct, including the light itself.

Bob, thanks for the carb photos and the link for the running board info. I have the drawings made for the metal boards and will get on this next. Does anyone know the gauge of the metal? Sample I have is 20 guage.

Jason, also thanks for the carb link. Was the trim guy you were trying to remember the same one in the link that Bob referenced?

The light that you have pictured is as you have guessed incorrect, I believe you may find that to be a truck tailight, cant quite remember the year or model, the cast bracket on the left is correct for your car but I also believe the one on the right is as well, I have seen too many DAs with that stamped bracket to be coincedence.

The license plate bracket appears correct, it will be stamped with either filite or delite and your matching tailamp bucket will carry the same manufacturers name.

Just maybe of interest there were two different cast tailight brackets avail for DA, you have the correct version for your split bumper.

No it is not the the same fellow, his name will come to me as I keep working on trying to remember it and I will post it here.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

L&L Antique Auto Trim

403 North Spruce Street

Pierce City, MO 65723

(417) 476-2871

Brad Landoll (blandoll@hotmail.com)

Gerald was the fellow I used to deal with, he passed away some years ago, his son was taking over the business and although I have spoken with him I have never dealt with him, they reproduce the correct style running board trim for your car, or at least did

Guest danceswithpumps

Dennis, if you don't use the tail light bracket shaped like a walking cane, I would be interested in buying it.

Thank you.

Rod van Pelt

Guest Dennis A

Jason, thanks for the info.

In your files do you have any documentation that shows the gauge of the metal running boards?

Guest danceswithpumps

Dennis here's my tail light and lens for my Deluxe Business Coupe.

0711120538.jpg

0711120539.jpg

0711120542a.jpg

0711120543.jpg

0711120545.jpg

0711120614.jpg

Hope these help.

Rod van Pelt

Guest danceswithpumps

The lenses and buckets, repos and originals, come up occasionally on EBAY. I believe mine was plated because of being a DELUXE but others like in my pic were painted. The painted one came off of a Desoto so I believe Chrysler corp. cars all used the same Felite lamp as the DA Dodge series.

Rod

Guest danceswithpumps

Dennis, did you ever find a hub cap? I have one in fair condition that I replaced. You can have it for the postage to get you by until you can find a better one.

Rod

Guest Dennis A

Rod

Thanks for the info, especially the photos. Am going to a car show and now will at least know what to look for. Reading through the thread referenced by Bob it seems that "Dodge" shouldn't be on the lens if it is original. Does everyone agree?

Guest Dennis A

Rod,

Do you have a photo of the hub cap? I found one, but it is beat up. I'll probably take you up on the offer.

Guest danceswithpumps

Mine isn't gr8 but might be better than what you have . I'll see if I can get a pic on latter today.

Guest Dennis A

Bob,

I checked them out. If they were the right one and I could get out of some work I'd go for it. Dimensions don't match and they look rectangular so not sure what their from.

Thanks for checking though.

The lenses and buckets, repos and originals, come up occasionally on EBAY. I believe mine was plated because of being a DELUXE but others like in my pic were painted. The painted one came off of a Desoto so I believe Chrysler corp. cars all used the same Felite lamp as the DA Dodge series.

Rod

All DAs were plated with the possible exception of the 2 dr Brougham, I would have to verify that this particular model was plated

Dennis, did you ever find a hub cap? I have one in fair condition that I replaced. You can have it for the postage to get you by until you can find a better one.

Rod

There were two different style hubcaps avail for DA, might want to consider having them all match before shipping anything

Rod

Thanks for the info, especially the photos. Am going to a car show and now will at least know what to look for. Reading through the thread referenced by Bob it seems that "Dodge" shouldn't be on the lens if it is original. Does everyone agree?

It should not say Dodge on the lens

Guest danceswithpumps

Dennis, here are pics of my cap. Not gr8 but will keep you from leaking grease while driving your car until you find a better one. You might be able to work out some of the dings and it may clean up pretty good.

Let me know if it'll work for you . Better ones come up on EBAY occasionally.

Rod

0711121400.jpg

0711121400a.jpg

0711121401.jpg

Guest danceswithpumps

Jason, the threads are the same as the latter aren't they? It would work until he found a better correct one?

Rod

Yes it would work just fine and it may match the caps on his car, I dont know as Dennis has not posted a picture of his cap

Guest Dennis A

Rod,

The cap looks the same. Email me (D_adelmeyer@hartdesign.com) and we'll figure out the logistics.

Thanks,

Dennis