photos of my 27-54

Guest pat in SC

Guest pat in SC
Pat, very nice indeed. Congratulations are your new car. Tell us what you are going to do with it. How about some pics of the engine and interior?

Sure, I will get some shots of that stuff and post them.

I am slowly going to restore it , but while I drive it. That is, projects that will put it off the road will be done in winter, and phased over a few years so I can keep driving it during the top down months. The photos do not show the detail well, but the paint is deteriorating and will need to be re done. The interior, while in good condition, is incorrect and poorly done, so that on the list as well. Mechanically, it will soon need brake linings and it sounds as if I need to take up the rod bearings a shim or two. Otherwise it runs well, strong and smooth. It starts and drives like a dream.

One thing I noticed today was that the differential carrier housing was probably cracked once....it has a bondo or JB Weld patch on it, which is seeping 600w . I will be looking for a torque tube/housing for it if anyone knows where one is, I am interested. As long as I am on that subject, will 26 or 28 Master torque tube/housings fit a 27?

Guest pat in SC
Restore what? looks pretty nice as is from the pictures.

Photos always make a good car look average and a bad car look average too. The paint is flaking off. It is old lacquer and failing all over the car. The interior details are sloppy. A Buick had striking finish work originally. This interior could have been made in Tijuana, but more likely it was done somewhere in Southern Wisconsin.

Nevertheless, it drives like a champ. A very good car which could be made excellent with a little TLC.

I will post some detail shots after I finish off with Car Week. I live 45 miles from Pebble Beach, Carmel Calif, Guess which car show I will be at this weekend?

• 2 weeks later...