Air cleaner for Carter BB1 carb

What you really need to know is if the INSIDE diameter of the carburetor throat matches the OUTSIDE diameter of the air cleaner since the air cleaner fits inside the throat of the carburetor and not on the outside. Here is how mine works...

post-37352-143138614209_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138614213_thumb.jpg

keiser31

I am puzzled by your statement that the air cleaner fits inside the throat of the carb and will have a question to follow.

We both participated in a thread on the Technical Forum entitled Carter BB1-D updraft adjustment. In that thread hwellons provided a technical bulletin for Carter updraft carbs. If you maximize the picture of the air cleaners used on Carter carbs you will notice a clamp on the outside flange.

Question- Based on your statement, what good is the clamp if the air cleaner fits inside the throat of the carb?

Dave

So very sorry!! Please forgive my error. I was confusing my DRT-08 Carter carburetor and air cleaner setup on one '31 Dodge with the BB1 and that air cleaner on my other '31 Dodge. I have been working on both for a while and I got a bit confused. So...you are correct. The one air cleaner I have fits over the intake tube on the BB1 and inside the intake tube on the DRT-08. The DRT-08 has no clamp, but instead has a set screw to hold the air cleaner inside the intake tube.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 28SeniorSix

keiser31,

If straight8pontiac is not interested in the air cleaner, I am. Please let me know if it is available. Thank you.

Guest wittenborn
Hello,

I would like to buy an air cleaner for a Carter BB1 carb. I would prefer

No. 90-15S but can also use No. 90-14S. If possible please send a photo of the air cleaner and price. Thank you.

Dave

I need the same air filter. I have the 14S but it hits the steering gear box ('29 Graham Paige) so it partially covers the carb. Had any luck finding one?

Andy W.

• 5 months later...